Family member robbed at gun point

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Glad your people were okay, man. I hope these worthless excuses for dog$hit somehow get what they deserve.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My brother in law was the first victim mentioned in the below news article. He had his 5 year old son in the back seat with him. This happened in broad daylight in a "good area" which also happens to be 2 miles from my front door. I'm getting sick of these scumbags!!!

http://www.katc.com/news/couple-robs-two-people-at-atm-attempts-to-rob-two-more/

How about writing up a recap from your BIL as a learning tool for us. I would like to hear the details of how the assailant approached, did he come from hiding or rapidly from a nearby car? What was the physical layout/surroundings? What was your BIL's level of awareness? Etc, Etc.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    To make a teaching point out of this near miss; I caution students about the dangers of drive up ATMs EVERY SINGLE CLASS. Drive up ATMs our Modern Societies Water Holes. Crooks know your getting money, you lose situational awareness, and you have diminished mobility. Avoid them.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Damn... 4:30pm at /that/ bank... that IS bold. High traffic area, in plain view of everything, and in that area.

I hate using ATMs. My bank people know me decently well, since I'm in there often.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I feel safer going to a drive up ATM than a walk up ATM, provided there aren't any obvious blind spots. It's a good idea to keep your vehicle in drive too.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    My brother in law was the first victim mentioned in the below news article. He had his 5 year old son in the back seat with him. This happened in broad daylight in a "good area" which also happens to be 2 miles from my front door. I'm getting sick of these scumbags!!!

http://www.katc.com/news/couple-robs-two-people-at-atm-attempts-to-rob-two-more/

Glad he is O.K. That really sucks, I've had a robbery attempt at gunpoint before and it is horrible. If he is anything like me, it will take a few weeks to fully digest what happened, and be at terms with how to prevent it in the future. Glad they caught the bad guy, I don't know if they ever caught mine.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I feel safer going to a drive up ATM than a walk up ATM, provided there aren't any obvious blind spots. It's a good idea to keep your vehicle in drive too.

As soon as u stop your car and turn your focus on the machine everything outside that 20 degree cone of vision becomes a blind spot.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As soon as u stop your car and turn your focus on the machine everything outside that 20 degree cone of vision becomes a blind spot.

In the extremely rare occasion I have to use an ATM, I pull my truck up so close to the keypad it's like ordering at Sonic. And that retractable side view mirror function that Toyota put on the Tundra is the shizzle!

Sometimes I scare the people at McDonalds drive thru cause I am so close! ;)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I can't imagine why I'd ever have to go to an ATM anyway. I don't think I've used one in years. I keep a small handful of cash in the safe at home for times when I don't want a reflective record of purchase, and default to the debit card or checks any other time.

Top Bottom