Feds: VA Tech Broke The Law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Unless there is a policy excusing absences when a campus threat warning is sent out, I bet most of those students would have gone to class anyway. A lot of professors are strict on attendance, especially in higher level or graduate classes.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Oh waaahh... Someone robbed the store on the corner near my house and I never got a Text or email about it. Welcome to the real world, kids. Now do your homework.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I went to VT. No one was taking attendance for the years that I was there.

As I told you the last time we shot a match together, one of my very best friends also went to Tech. I called him this afternoon to ask-- he started off in Engineering, but switched over to Business after his first few major-specific courses.

He said it was off-and-on, even in his higher level stuff. As it was for me at Tulane, there are plenty of graded exercises to ensure you make it to class, as well as tons of information only available directly from the lecture.

Although I did have a number of teachers who took roll every day, and there was a University policy on the number of unexcused absences you could accrue before failing the course. Some teachers had their own (more stringent) requirements on top of that. Of course, keeping a low profile and having friends sign the sheet on your behalf always seemed to work in a pinch... :o

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Oh waaahh... Someone robbed the store on the corner near my house and I never got a Text or email about it. Welcome to the real world, kids. Now do your homework.

Welcome to the real world kids? Way to sound like a douchebag.

"Kids" on college campuses are not allowed to protect themselves, that combined with a security force not capable of doing anything other than writing parking tickets makes it pretty important to have a warning system.

It shocks me to see you are in a group advocating open carry, yet so ignorant to the group that cannot carry, and more than likely needs to. I dont know if you have been to college campus recently (or ever?) but everything is not sunshine and lollipops.

I guess this sums up my rant :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom