Feeler on two Cannon safes. Whos interested?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    We are trying to work with Cannon to get a few more deals but we need enough interest to make it happen. We have two safes that we are working with:

The Cannon Safarri 5540 48 Gun safe with door kit. We would be able to sell them for $599 +delivery or tax if picked up.

Weight: 410 lbs
    Dimensions HxWxD: 55”x40”x21.5”
    Gun Capacity: 48
    30 minutes fire rating

Pictures and additional specs can be found here: http://www.cannonsafe.com/safari-series-5540.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We also can get the Cannon Safari 5518 and would be able to sell that for $299 +shipping or tax if picked up.

55"Tall x 18"Wide x 18.5"Deep
    12-14 Gun Capacity
    Electric Lock

g9a4hgxhgrjdhv8jkllx.jpg

6zfzhnaghhnloz1zlog.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know if anyone is interested in either of these two. If there is enough interest we can get these ordered up. Thanks!

Last edited:

king4456

Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I want the big one but I have heard time and again not to get the electric. What would the price be if I came and got it or if you delivered to the Baton rouge area?

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    I want the big one but I have heard time and again not to get the electric. What would the price be if I came and got it or if you delivered to the Baton rouge area?

Delivery would be $75 to $125 depending on how many are going to that particular area.

We have sold literally HUNDREDS of electronic lock models and we have only had issues with 2. One came DOA and Cannon repaired it free and one went down on a customer and they took care of him free of charge as well. My personal safe is an electronic lock and I have had zero issues with it. Even has the same battery that came with it over two years ago (and I open my safe on average of 4 times a day). My personal opinion from someone who dealt with manual locks A LOT in the military... I prefer the electronic locks. If it does go down you can just have a replacement sent out and you are good to go. With most manual locks you will get creep over the course of it's life (a number might be 24, then creep to 25, then somewhere between 25 and 26). We had issues like that in the military safes we used and it was a pain to deal with. To keep them problem free you should have them serviced and that is not covered under warranty.

We really have no skin in the game because usually Cannon will let the customer choose between manual and electronic lock at no extra charge (not sure about with these as they are a bulk buy) but most people choose the electronic lock. :dunno:

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    How many would you have to commit to for this to happen?

We are kind of open as we are going to be buying some for the shop as well (and we are advertising in other venues as well). If we can get ~20 pre ordered we would be good to go.

Are these the only two models you are trying to get this time around?

Or still trying to get some of the ones from your other thread, http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/...eux-from-richiespng.com&p=1005210#post1005210

I feel like the med size safe(~20 guns) would serve me better. good prices though

We can order those as well and that would also go toward the truck load. These are just two additional safes that Cannon made available to us today.

DAUC

running from safety
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    We can order those as well and that would also go toward the truck load. These are just two additional safes that Cannon made available to us today.

Great!

So does this mean just about any Cannon safe could be available? I see you have a quite a few more Cannon safes on your site. If you are just trying to offer a deal on a select few I understand. Just trying to check out all my/your options. Thanks

chootem

Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Would any of the larger safes or something closer to a 2 hour fire rating be available? Not trying to come across in a negative way at all, I just don't understand a safe with a 30 minute fire rating...... Are these mainly bought for burglary protection? Maybe someone could sell me on these that are available. I would love to understand the practicality. Thanks

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Would any of the larger safes or something closer to a 2 hour fire rating be available? Not trying to come across in a negative way at all, I just don't understand a safe with a 30 minute fire rating...... Are these mainly bought for burglary protection? Maybe someone could sell me on these that are available. I would love to understand the practicality. Thanks

Burglary protection is one reason but fire protection needs really depend on where you are going to put the safe. If the safe is going to be located in the middle of the home, you certainly want the longest fire rating you can get. If it's going to be located on an exterior wall then you can "get away" with a lesser fire rating. In a home fire where the safe is located in the middle of the home, the burn time would be considerably longer, especially when the home could collapse in on the safe. On an exterior wall, more than likely the fire is going to burn through the area a lot faster. I would certainly recommend getting the most fire rating you can get but if it comes down to "I only have $x.xx amount of money and need a larger safe" I would not feel bad getting a larger safe with a lower fire rating if the location is thought out.

My personal safe is a 36 gun Cannon HR6040 with a 45 minute fire rating located on an exterior wall. I dont worry about it at all.

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Great!

So does this mean just about any Cannon safe could be available? I see you have a quite a few more Cannon safes on your site. If you are just trying to offer a deal on a select few I understand. Just trying to check out all my/your options. Thanks

The safes on our website are priced out with shipping included and are drop shipped directly from Cannon. These are just some deals that we are trying to get together to get better pricing.

chootem

Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have thought that placing it on an exterior wall could be a determining factor. On the order that you are trying to put together would you be able to get something in a 72" model with a higher fire rating?

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Thanks for your quick reply. I have thought that placing it on an exterior wall could be a determining factor. On the order that you are trying to put together would you be able to get something in a 72" model with a higher fire rating?

I'll check to see if they have any good deals available in a size like that.

DAUC

running from safety
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    The safes on our website are priced out with shipping included and are drop shipped directly from Cannon. These are just some deals that we are trying to get together to get better pricing.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I will need to look into my location a little more as it will be one of my deciding factors.

chootem

Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Awesome thanks... I looked at the website something like the commander 54 series. Was looking at the winchester safes on your website.Those seem very reasonably priced in a 72" 2 hour model hu?
    I'll check to see if they have any good deals available in a size like that.

Top Bottom