Ferguson police officer shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Good news - the officer was shot in the arm. His injuries are non-life-threatening and he is in the hospital.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I agree the article, these officers being ambushed, in NO has anything to do with the unarmed shooting of the thug, MB!
    I mean, it wasn't even on the same street! Lol lol. Really!?!?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Police Hunt Suspect in Shooting of Officer in Ferguson
    By ASHLEY SOUTHALL and EMMA G. FITZSIMMONS
    SEPTEMBER 28, 2014
    The authorities were searching on Sunday for a man who shot a police officer in the arm in Ferguson, Mo., on Saturday night, in an episode that they said was unrelated to continuing protests over the death of a black teenager shot by a white officer there last month.

The officer was shot around 9:10 p.m. while checking on a community center, the Ferguson police chief, Thomas Jackson, said in a news conference Sunday morning. The center is not near where the protesters had gathered.

The officer spotted two men, who began running when he approached them, Chief Jackson said. The officer chased them, and as he closed in on one of the suspects, the chief said, the second suspect pulled out a gun and fired at the officer.

The officer said he fired several shots in return, but there was no indication that he had hit either of the suspects, Chief Jackson said.

The man who shot the officer fled into a wooded area, the St. Louis County Police Department said on Sunday morning. Ferguson police officers and officers from other departments searched the area for an hour and a half, but did not find him.

Officials did not release the officer’s name or say how long he had been on the police force. The officer, who was shot once in his left arm, was taken treated at a hospital.

The shooting occurred in a neighborhood off West Florissant Avenue, a major artery in the area, about two miles from where the teenager, Michael Brown, was shot and killed by Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9. Chief Jackson said he did not think the shooting was related to protests over Mr. Brown’s death.

“It didn’t happen within the proximity of the protest area,” he said. "This is a fairly secluded area. I wouldn’t have any reason to think that it was linked in any way, shape or form.”

The St. Louis County Police Department is conducting the investigation into the shooting.

Less than an hour after Chief Jackson spoke, an off-duty St. Louis City police officer was shot at while driving his personal vehicle on a highway near Ferguson, the County Police Department said. The officer suffered minor injuries from breaking glass when his vehicle was struck several times by the gunfire.

A car pulled up next to the officer’s vehicle on Interstate 70 near the St. Louis International Airport around 12:10 a.m. on Sunday, officials said. People inside the car fired several shots at the officer’s vehicle.

“It is unclear at this time if the officer was targeted or if this was a random act of violence,” the County Police Department said in a statement on Sunday morning.

Schron Jackson, a spokeswoman for the St. Louis Municipal Police Department, said the suspects, described as three males, fled in a black sedan. The officer, who was wearing his uniform pants but not his uniform shirt, did not return fire, officials said.

Demonstrators have been protesting in Ferguson since Mr. Brown’s death, in a case that has heightened long-simmering racial tensions in Ferguson, a suburb north of St. Louis.

On Thursday, Chief Thomas Jackson of the Ferguson Police Department issued a stark apology to the relatives of Mr. Brown, saying in a videotaped statement that he was sorry for the death of their son and for the four hours that the body of the unarmed 18-year-old lay in the street.

“I want to say this to the Brown family: No one who has not experienced the loss of a child can understand what you’re feeling,” he said. “I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. I’m also sorry that it took so long to remove Michael from the street.”

But in an interview with The Associated Press on Saturday, Mr. Brown’s parents were unmoved.

Mr. Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, said, “Yes,” when asked if Chief Jackson should be fired. And his father, Michael Brown Sr., said that rather than an apology, they would prefer to see the officer who had shot their son be arrested.

“An apology would be when Darren Wilson has handcuffs, processed and charged with murder,” Mr. Brown said.

This was posted on the NY Times Website.

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I would comment but I would probably be banned from the internet for life.

watch-out-we-got-a-bad-ass-over-here.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom