Ferrara Firearms Billet Lower Group Buy - Preorder

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So we are ready to announce something very special for me at least. These are Billet Lowers, MSRP will be $149.99. We are doing a Pre-sale at $119.99. Matching billet uppers, stripped and complete will be available, we still haven't finalized the uppers yet. LPK's with a 3.5-4lb trigger will be available for $59.99. Uppers and BCG groups will be etched with the same logo as on the lower. The barrels will be marked with the manufacture of the barrel. We have a few to choose from depending on availability at the time of production.

I am quoting a timeline of 90 days just because I know how these things sometimes go. I have a much shorter timeline quoted from my supplier. Once these go to engraving the price will be moved up (estimated 30 days)

-7075 T6 Billet Aluminum
    -Broached Mag Well
    -CNC Rotary Engraved to ATF Spec
    -MIL-A-8625 Type III Hard Anodizing (Black)

You can get in line in this thread, there is no limit or minimum order. I am beginning to accept payment now, but will not require payment for the lower until a production date is set in stone. Once the production date is set, I will need payment or the price will go up to $149 I might have very little notice from the time when I am told my production date and when that date actually is.

Dealers feel free to inquire about dealer pricing, I will do introductory and regular pricing for dealers that are interested. I will be able to Form 2 then Form 3 these for dealers looking for lowers for SBR builds (well I can Form 2 and then form 4 these for customers also). I prefer dealers email me with your FFL and resale certificate so I can get everything together. Sales@ferrarafirearms.com

Ya'll know the drill, copy the list and add your name if you are SURE you want to order one.

1.Kcinnick I am getting serial #1!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't have final pricing on the uppers. The BCG's intro pricing will be between $110-$130, depending on how many I can order. MSRP on them is $159.99, MAP after my intro is $124.99. I have some flexibility on intro pricing and complete uppers, but the individual BCG's are going to have a MAP. Everything might not arrive at the same time either, I already have sample uppers and BCG's, but they are forged, not billet. I really just wanted to see the BCG before I committed to them.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    We have to run in order, so my serial number range is FF0001 through FF9999 for this variance. So I can run up to 9999 lowers before I have to apply for another variance from the ATF. We will have low serial numbers on the first run but it has to be in the FFXXXX format. If you want a number, and I come up on it, it is a possibility to get it. I will ship to your FFL, no problem, I will have to see what rates are when this happens, I am sure it is not much, but I am sure as heck not sending it USPS! I am get discounted Fedex and UPS rates, but I am negotiating to get better than the NRA rates for certain packages.

Just FYI, I am planning to keep #1, #2012, #2007, #2013, and #1982 as I get to them. I hope to get that far, I feel I am offering a product at a good price with a logo I personally like (not all lowers will necessarily have a logo, or my logo, it has been offered to groups to run a special run of their logo, and I can absolute minimum is 25, (100 is preferred) and think we can reach those numbers easily over time. My goal is to put together a sub $1k rifle that anyone would be proud to carry. Only way to do that is volume and quality control. I trust the folks I have doing quality control, they do some aggressive testing (like MPI every bolt) Destroy blems instead of selling them as blems, or use them for in house builds for testing. What convinced me to use the machine shop I chose was how they handled an order. The customer just wanted a discount for a non functional optional cosmetic issue, the company refused and insisted on replacing the bolts at a higher cost because they didn't want blems on the street. I also ordered a couple of their house brand unmarked uppers, and they are sweet. They had no idea I was evaluating their product for my OEM line. We will build some rifles in house, but will have others come to us as complete uppers and complete lowers, possible complete minus furniture.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to request a certain serial number, go ahead and pay for the lower. We will put the amount on a gift card for CC sales, a receipt for cash sales (unless you really want a gift card, they cost us money, but the CC rules don't work well with pre sales or NFA purchases) It will be first come first serve, I will make an spreadsheet when I get to the store and Noon. I am working on getting a freebie with the pre paid lowers, but can't promise anything just yet.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Is the magwell flared on these?

Also are billet lowers compatible with regular forged uppers?

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Is the magwell flared on these?

Also are billet lowers compatible with regular forged uppers?

There are no issues with mixing a forged upper and Billet lower, other than the finishes or cosmetic lines being different, if they are both to "Spec" then they are good to go. I chose to go billet over forged due to the small increase in cost for a much better LOOKING finished product. There is nothing wrong with a forged lower, but by the time I would get a forged lower made and engraved it was within $5 of going with a Billet lower. The costs looked lower for forged lowers, but the manufactures add on fee's for every change PER lower, the billet guys use a different process so the customization is a one time fee.

This list might help

FEATURES:

1) Captured Takedown Pin Spring (threaded hole with hardware)
    2) Left side of safety selector hole notched out for BAD_ASS ST 45 degree short throw levers to drop in with no modifications – Engraving will also accommodate 45 degree (BAD) 60 degree (Noveske) and 90 degree (Standard) selectors
    3) Upper tensioning screw behind pistol grip screw (threaded hole with hardware) to adjust any *slop* out of vertical fit between upper and lower (New feature these days, cheaper to get it with than without, the samples I saw fit together flawlessly)
    4) Ambi trigger finger rests with grooves (above and below mag release / mag catch)
    5) Compatible with Norgon and other aftermarket ambi mag releases
    6) Threaded bolt catch pin (Threaded hole and hardware)
    7) Drop free magwell design with beveled bottom lip
    8) Front of magwell traction/finger grooves
    9) Integrated large opening trigger guard
    10) Accepts all standard LPK’s, KNS pins, etc, etc….

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    To reserve serial number I will need a payment, we are open until 5 today, and open M-F 12-7. If it is easier to mail a payment, let me know, The OTD price is 130.79.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To reserve serial number I will need a payment, we are open until 5 today, and open M-F 12-7. If it is easier to mail a payment, let me know, The OTD price is 130.79.

I doubt I will be able to get there today, but I will try to get by on Wednesday (my next day off). If that is fine with you.

bluecrow76

Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    2.Jbadjones
    3.jjoker16 (can I request #0016)
    4.Rahllin (#0006 and #0007)
    5. Bluecrow76 (with LPK)

Last edited:

Ashley

Mrs. Ferrara
    Jan 31, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I mean where can you get a billet lower for this price?? Get it now before the preorder stops! Stop by Ferrara Firearms 1543 Delplaza Dr Suite 2!!

LNSvince

May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    PLUH-Ease look at doing a slick side billet upper. At least NO Forward assist & no dust cover ! or can I get 4 like that for me to match my lowers ?

2.Jbadjones
    3.jjoker16 (can I request #0016)
    4.Rahllin (#0006 and #0007)
    5. Bluecrow76 (with LPK)
    6. LNSVince [ x4 lowers #0002, #0003, #0004, #0005]

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    PLUH-Ease look at doing a slick side billet upper. At least NO Forward assist & no dust cover ! or can I get 4 like that for me to match my lowers ?

Just curious, is that purely an aesthetic choice? Or are you wanting to build wild caliber uppers and afraid the dust cover will interfere with cartridge ejection?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom