Field Precision Rifle Match- Saturday June 11th at Palo Alto

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I'm gonna try like heck to make this one too. I will probably be pretty lucky if I can hit the target from 10 ft with a hand grenade, but I'm gonna give it a shot (without the hand grenade).:D

Tactical723, I may just have to make it so I can get a look at the new rifle. I do need some more ammo too, only have 40 rds right now of the 24.0 gr 75's. Use whatever recipe you think will work for that range.

Bam Bam

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm gonna try like heck to make this one too. I will probably be pretty lucky if I can hit the target from 10 ft with a hand grenade, but I'm gonna give it a shot (without the hand grenade).:D

Tactical723, I may just have to make it so I can get a look at the new rifle. I do need some more ammo too, only have 40 rds right now of the 24.0 gr 75's. Use whatever recipe you think will work for that range.

Bam Bam

You show up and we'll get you squared away.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Crap, I'm getting all set to make this match and wouldn't you know it I have to work saturday! Dang now I gotta find a new job.......again! J/K :D Really I need the work, but did it have to be this weekend? sigh........

Bam Bam

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Crap, I'm getting all set to make this match and wouldn't you know it I have to work saturday! Dang now I gotta find a new job.......again! J/K :D Really I need the work, but did it have to be this weekend? sigh........

Bam Bam

At least it's not at night!!

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Has of right now I should be able to make the match, looks like the truck I was supposed to work on will be out of town this weekend. I've turned my horrible mil-spec trigger into a pretty decent one so I should be good to go. Hopefully the wind won't give me fits, but I'm sure it probably will.

Bam Bam

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Well, I'm not going to be able to make it. If someone wanted to buy my upper though I would deliver but could not stay for the match... See for sale section... Perfect for this game :-)

Y'all have fun!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Man...... What a great time at Palo Alto today!!!!!
    Rick, special thanks for running the match and keeping us all in line.
    And as always, it is great to meet members here on the board and put faces to the user names.
    Peter, you can't come out and play anymore. Unless you leave that new rifle of yours at home that is! That thing shoots lights out!!!:eek3:
    Ready for next month already.:D

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I was actually able make a match and compete too! I had a great time and learned a lot from my first match. Don't use cheap glass and test your equipment BEFORE shooting a match. Even though I had some equipment issues Rick was nice enough to loan me his rifle to compete with, talk about a "Cadillac" of AR's, his rifle is sweet! So after using his rifle instead of mine I found out I have enough skill to actually hit the broad side of a barn @ 600 yds. lol I was really wanting to see if my rifle is capable of shooting good at that range though, maybe next month. Thanks Rick and gang for putting this match on. By the way Jacob can't wait till he can compete too!:D

Bam Bam

Last edited:

Jay72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Denham Springs LA
    IMG_2895-1.jpg
    [/IMG]

Had a blast...Thanks for all the help

nortac

Cynical Old Codger
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Abita Springs, LA , USA
    Great time shooting today, thanks Rick et al for a superb match. The wind played nice today compared to the usual contrary conditions. I look forward to next month!

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Peter, you can't come out and play anymore. Unless you leave that new rifle of yours at home that is! That thing shoots lights out!!!:eek3:
    Ready for next month already.:D
    Next time he shoots WITHOUT the rear bag! :rofl::rofl:

I was actually able make a match and compete too! So after using his rifle instead of mine I found out I have enough skill to actually hit the broad side of a barn @ 600 yds. By the way Jacob can't wait till he can compete too!:D

Bam Bam
    We always knew you could do it, just had to get you out there. Glad I was able to help with the loaner rifle. And I'll check on the age that Jacob can start shooting FPR or FTR. :thumbsup:

Had a blast...Thanks for all the help
    Yeah, the smile said it all. BTW- I'd keep an eye on Mickey!!!!:squint:

Great time shooting today, thanks Rick et al for a superb match. The wind played nice today compared to the usual contrary conditions. I look forward to next month!
    The winds did remain relatively light until that 3rd string.

Guys, it's as much fun putting it on, meeting new folks and helping new shooters as it is shooting the match. I'll post up the Tactical match info after Ted and I get to discuss it further and thanks for the ideas.
    Rick

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I had a great time as well. Hopefully I can attend more often and try to get my score up! Thanks to Rick and the boys for putting everything together!

Also, sorry to all the guys who had to shoot within 1200 yards of me; by September or October, my cannon should be a bit quieter. :ninja:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom