Finally Had Enough.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    .......Of Mama giving me grief about reloading in the house. I just got back from Lowe's where I ordered me a nice little shed kit. I plan on running electricity, heating and cooling to it. It is almost tall enough for two stories, so I am going to put in a low ceiling and use the leftover space for storage. One wall will be the bench. Trying to find a deal on a mini fridge so I can make it my own little reloading and man cave. Have to see if my laptop will connect to the house wireless, otherwise will have to run an ethernet cable out to it, too. :D

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    .......Of Mama giving me grief about reloading in the house. I just got back from Lowe's where I ordered me a nice little shed kit. I plan on running electricity, heating and cooling to it. It is almost tall enough for two stories, so I am going to put in a low ceiling and use the leftover space for storage. One wall will be the bench. Trying to find a deal on a mini fridge so I can make it my own little reloading and man cave. Have to see if my laptop will connect to the house wireless, otherwise will have to run an ethernet cable out to it, too. :D
    If you live in the Baton Rouge area I'll make you a helluva deal on a nice mini fridge !

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    The strife in the household will diminish greatly.

The garage is half mine. The mini-fridge is next to the powder magazine. Built the powder magazine to roughly the same size of the fridge. Built shelving using 2x4 and 1/2" plywood held together with Simpson StrongTie units. Strong as bull comrade.

Above the fridge and powder magazine is the ham radio station. Over to the side is more shelving for reloading components. Reloading bench was built with 4x4 and 3/4" plywood from plans I found somewhere on the 'Net. The bench makes the shelving look wimpy.

I can now let that stray spent primer fling off into the hither land without freaking out the spousal unit. Every month or so sweep out the powder specks, primers, and dirt.

Photos when you get it done please.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I made my reloading bench out of 6, 4* x 4* legs and the top is made out 3, 2* x 12* x 14 ft top pine lower shelf is 2, 2* x 12* x 14 don’t plan to move it. LOL
    Wingate

gandog56

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Mobile, AL.
    Forget running Ethernet and just buy a decent WiFi Repeater. Lots of choices on Amazon.

Her wireless reaches the shed, no worries there.

Walls going up.
    GEDC0114_zps6ltm17th.jpg

Starting the roof.
    GEDC0005_zpspeimtchv.jpg

Change double doors to a single door and window.
    GEDC0013_zpsx4styu1j.jpg

Yard sale window AC unit.
    GEDC0028_zpslww2dqrl.jpg

Getting ready to paint the interior...
    6041f5de-96ee-460f-8184-d6754b675159_zpsmguxq2sa.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom