Finally had it with the GOP...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I have been a registered Republican for 28 yrs... I have finally had it with them. Just switched to Libertarian.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I remain a registered Republican so that I can be more involved in the preliminary stuff, but I haven't voted for a so-called Republican for Presidency since re-electing GWB... and I'd say that one was mostly out of "Well he ain't the other guy" syndrome.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Went independent a few years ago. The higher ups in the GOP might be the dumbest politicians in the history of America. They think the way to get elected is to compromise all their values. If they keep that up then they deserve their fate.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    EVERYONE SHOULD BE REGISTERED INDEPENDENTS!

You might see these piles of crap actually do something to EARN your vote instead of expect it!

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm fixing to bale my self, I tired of these idiots. It's like a kid growing up watching WWF and thinking the Iron Sheik and Hulk hogan really hate each other. You grow up and realize hey these guys are best if friends.

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    I firmly believe most Americans tire of the current 2-party setup...this "Football Team" Mentality is so freaking aggravating where anything is said just to be nominated and you're either WITH US OR AGAINST US. I hate that line of thinking.

Reactions: Wah

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    1943.jpg

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    I firmly believe most Americans tire of the current 2-party setup...this "Football Team" Mentality is so freaking aggravating where anything is said just to be nominated and you're either WITH US OR AGAINST US. I hate that line of thinking.

Agreed.

I've been a libertarian for years but remained registered Republican just because I considered them the lesser of 2 evils. I'm sick of the mainstream GOP selling out our liberties in the name of "national security" and all the anti-gay BS, as well as the GOP leadership raising up crap candidates every election. As far as I'm concerned Ron Paul was the last real hope for the GOP, and now that he's retired and I don't trust his son I'm going to switch to the Libertarian Party as soon as I move.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm registered Republican, but that's mostly so I can vote in the primaries. I tend to vote Libertarian... especially for POTUS. Many Libertarian types are going into the Republican Party and I'd like to see that continue.

I like a lot of Libertarian policy, but I think there are some things the government does do well and should spend our money on. National Parks for instance.

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I'm fixing to bale my self, I tired of these idiots. It's like a kid growing up watching WWF and thinking the Iron Sheik and Hulk hogan really hate each other. You grow up and realize hey these guys are best if friends.

I think these guys USE TO BE best friends. They'd give speeches against the other party and it's position, then meet over beers and come to a compromise. Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neal were famous for this. But now I think they hate each other and don't meet on the side to work out things. That's why this Congress has passed less bills than any other. There's no middle ground, no compromise. The system really is broke.

Bullwinkle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Constitutional Conservative Nationalism is the ONLY way to get it back. But this is an ideology, NOT a party.

It can work within the Republican party, like the days of REAGAN, but even HE caught the ONSLAUGHT of the establishment throughout his career.
    And we don't have ANYONE like him today, so it may have to happen outside of the BIG 2.

In fact, the Republicans were in such disarray in the 70's, they rode his back to presidential victory in 80.
    Nixon didn't like him.
    Ford didn't like him.
    Bush 41 didn't like him.

Yet who reestablished the US as a Superpower both foreign and domestically post-WWII

As you will see in the video, not much has changed POLITICALLY since this speech

Todays MEDIA would call him a NAZI, ..................... Propagandist FOOLS !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Wah
    Top Bottom