FINALLY won an argument with my dad!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Well, I was in Texas this week visiting my dad. I love the old guy and he's the world's best dad (far more than I deserved as a bratty kid) but he's not real big on autoloading rifles.
    He's a supporter of the 2A insofar as sporting guns are concerned, but CCW and large capacity mags are not his favorite. He reminds me of this every time I go visit him.

We were on our way back from the golf course and the same topic invariably came up. He wasn't "offended" that I carried on the golf course, but he felt it was inappropriate.

I asked him "dad, if I'm somewhere (anywhere), and some random dude snaps and starts shooting people, or if I'm getting robbed at the gas station, or Whatever happens, I want to be able to respond to that."

"It's not your job to respond to that, it's the professionals' jobs."

"Dad, it IS my job. That's my job."

"We'll that's stupid. You need to find a new job."

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365044856.253213.jpg

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Because we ALWAYS know exactly when and where bad things are going to happen, "the professionals" are always immediately on the scene.

Too bad it isn't so simple.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Hell I thought everyone carried on the golf course, I know me, my brother -in-law, my father-in-law, and his brother all carry on the golf course.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Because we ALWAYS know exactly when and where bad things are going to happen, "the professionals" are always immediately on the scene.

Too bad it isn't so simple.

I remember one of the old guys who used to frequent BS told a story about him loading some guns and the wife up in the truck to go somewhere. She asked him if he thought he really needed all that, to which he responded, "if I thought we were going to need them we wouldn't be f'in going."

Classic lol.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I remember one of the old guys who used to frequent BS told a story about him loading some guns and the wife up in the truck to go somewhere. She asked him if he thought he really needed all that, to which he responded, "if I thought we were going to need them we wouldn't be f'in going."

Classic lol.
    No, she said "do you really think you need to bring that?"he said "if I already knew we needed it, we wouldn't be going"

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I think golf balls make great .22 targets, especially for pre squirrel season warm up.
    I guess if someone with a screw loose thought the same... Might be a reason to pack on the golf course, idk.
    I don't play golf.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Hell I thought everyone carried on the golf course, I know me, my brother -in-law, my father-in-law, and his brother all carry on the golf course.

Me too. I must admit my shoulder holster has a negative impact on my follow through :D

Top Bottom