Financial Planner/Advisor in NOLA area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    School is over (yay) and I have a new job ($yay).

I have a lot of questions about investment vehicles/choices and would like to sit down with someone for an hour or two and discuss my options and the pros/cons associated with each. Looking for someone professional and established.

Do any of you have someone you can recommend? My new company, ABS, has an employee-only contributed 401k (they provide a 100% employer-funded pension) through Fidelity and I have a little from my 401k at Textron (also fidelity) so I'm not sure if there's any benefit in stick with fidelity if there are better options. Also, I can opt-out of the 401k plan here to move the money into another 401k/IRA/etc.

I work in Harahan and live in Slidell so New Orleans/Metairie/North Shore are all fine.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Sugabug, just noticed your age..My hat is off to you my young friend for taking responsibility for your future. I don't know of too many people who are concerned and think things will "be all right"..Bulls^&t. It takes YEARS to build up enough to live comfortably on in your retirement years. You cannot guarantee Social Security will be around and if it is, it might pay for some groceries but thats about it. Thank you for being a responsible person. Unfortunately, you will be supporting a lot of your like aged citizens.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sugabug, just noticed your age..My hat is off to you my young friend for taking responsibility for your future. I don't know of too many people who are concerned and think things will "be all right"..Bulls^&t. It takes YEARS to build up enough to live comfortably on in your retirement years. You cannot guarantee Social Security will be around and if it is, it might pay for some groceries but thats about it. Thank you for being a responsible person. Unfortunately, you will be supporting a lot of your like aged citizens.

Kind words. Thank you. Trying to be responsible and have everything set up as early as possible. 3 kids to worry about as well. 3 college tuitions, 2 weddings, and my wife and I's retirement... All seems a far way off until it's not. I don't even consider social security as it pays for almost nothing when you do have it, as you said. And it will probably be worse or not even around when I'm retiring in 35-40 years.

Top Bottom