Fired Over Military Service?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    She wasn't fired, her contract was not renewed.

That is a big difference, legally.

I suspect it's a NBC thing. TWC made hay with her status and NBC can't be bothered. I recall seeing a segment about her duties on a HH flight.

FWIW, I completed my military active and reserve obligation before I was hired by a plant on the river. The opportunity arose for me to be CO of a LaNG unit. I asked the plant about it and, in so many words, they told me one of the reasons I was hired was that I was done with my service. This was late '60s. Of course, one of the top dogs in the personnel department downtown was a full bird colonel in the USAF-R.

I can sympathize with both sides here.
    :eh:

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    If her story is true. Which, IMO, is very believable, considering the network we're talking about.

I have been through this before both as a reservist and as a commander helping soldiers. Our first step was to try and reason with the employer. If that did not work, we would bring in our local ombudsman which was usually a retired high ranking officer that is well known in the community. The last straw was filing a formal complaint with federal attorneys and those guys were ruthless.

When I was a brigade HHC commander in Mobile, AL, we had a soldier that worked for a local hospital and left to take a tour. While deployed, he took a voluntary extension and was away from his job for over two years. Upon his return, the hospital would not give him his job back so long story -> short we called the federal attorney and the guy got his job back plus raises & promotions that he would have gotten had he not deployed plus double his salary during the period between returning from deployment and starting work again.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I have been through this before both as a reservist and as a commander helping soldiers. Our first step was to try and reason with the employer. If that did not work, we would bring in our local ombudsman which was usually a retired high ranking officer that is well known in the community. The last straw was filing a formal complaint with federal attorneys and those guys were ruthless.

When I was a brigade HHC commander in Mobile, AL, we had a soldier that worked for a local hospital and left to take a tour. While deployed, he took a voluntary extension and was away from his job for over two years. Upon his return, the hospital would not give him his job back so long story -> short we called the federal attorney and the guy got his job back plus raises & promotions that he would have gotten had he not deployed plus double his salary during the period between returning from deployment and starting work again.

I'm guessing this was before the ESGR?

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA

what a crock... as an employeer i would want to give an enlisted soldier his job back, but guess what, things change and if i don't have a spot for them to come back to then that's the end of it...

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    what a crock... as an employeer i would want to give an enlisted soldier his job back, but guess what, things change and if i don't have a spot for them to come back to then that's the end of it...
    It's a volounteer army. So if a troop volunteers to go overseas or stay overseas you don't think they should be protected under soldiers and sailors act?

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA

Soooo, this girl wouldn't count, anyway, since she's not enlisted. :dogkeke:

Top Bottom