Firework mishaps

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    OK, now i gotta Google up Sparkler Bombs to see how to make one (unless someone wants to let me in on the safest way to make one)! Note to self: Use longer fuse than they did!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Question: What about flaking all the sparkler stuff off of the steel rod and packing that in a tube? That way you wouldn't have all that shrapnel when it blew.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I had a huge bottle rocket break right after launching and almost lit my neighbors bushes on fire, also had a mortar tube get knocked over by wind and hit her trash can. Both were accidents and I tried to apologize to her, but she still won't even answer her door to me, 5 years later. Almost took my neighbors head off with a rogue rocket that was aimed properly vertical and then launched itself horizontally. Had multiple firecrackers blow up in my hand or near me, the typical roman candle wars as well. Even had some fun making heavy paper airplanes and attaching firecrackers or rockets on to them purely to see the resulting "BOOM!" And I think lastly, I stripped a hundred blackcats for powder and fuses, and I made enough Bic rockets to race, and quite the explosive charge.

This year I wised up and got a little more armored for the nephews coming over to watch the show. :D

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Here is a pic of that sparkler bomb before they lit it:
    IMG_0146.jpg

Brent is apparently showing signs of an infection. Please keep him in your prayers that they can control it and not have to amputate his leg.

My looking at that picture they screwed up with how much sparkler they left sticking out the top. Another note Brent is around 6ft in the first picture so you can get a idea of how high that explosion was.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom