First Hog Hunt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I do not hold a double standard.. Lol.
    Anyone who knows me and can look at my hunting posts all on here can see that. I hold one standard. It it the same standard all sportsman hold across this state.

The ethical and moral standard for sportsman is not what this hog hunt was about, it's about ERADICATION of a crop destroying pest.

Whether it be bugs, hogs, deer, or anything else, the legal, moral, and ethical standard is different than for sportsmen.

And a sincere apology isn't contingent on the response or lack there of the intended recipient.

And you didn't say
    when I couldn't get to them (while In a helicopter) that the local ranchers did get them

You said
    almost always the local ranchers will ride out to fetch a few.

Which means the local ranchers never got them all and sometimes didn't get any of them.

I read EXACTLY what you said, not twisting involved.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    And a sincere apology isn't contingent on the response or lack there of the intended recipient.

My apology was sincere and never said it had contingencies. Take it how you will, I don't need to persuade the Bayoushooter analyst of the day.

You should pay close attention to the part amongst the two statements you quoted as well. The parts about having access to the animal after the job is done. If I could get them I wouldn't take a picture and then leave them is what It means.

I'm not gonna argue back and forth with you or anyone else. How I feel has been made very clear in this thread. If you want to muddy it up then go for it, but many others know exactly what I mean. Can't always get everyone to understand.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow! This thread! Ethics?

And to think how we saw our human enemies...just 75 years ago. :mamoru:

Dishonored, the context is; what serves the greater good. These hogs are now costing us millions of tax dollars. It's no longer just some farmer's or landowner's problem. The waste of these animals as food for someone is nothing compared to the waste I've seen of food in other arenas in Louisiana alone.

You can still be an ethical hunter and serve a purpose that goes beyond utilizing the meat when the end justifies the means. If people were shamed into having to recover the pigs they killed in the effort to control or eradicate them, we would be faced with even more dire choices in the future. And if these things are not devalued across the board; I would bet we would still have laws on the books that made it a near impossibility to do anything effective about them.

Stick to your principles! And let the pigs bear the brunt of their overpopulation and the destruction they cause.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Why is the concept so hard to grasp in what I said..... My god. You guys complicate everything. It is very simple. ERADICATE THEM!!!! KILL THEM!!! ANNIHILATE THEM!!!!
    If you kill 50 hogs and do not have access to them so be it. If you kill 5-10 and can get even 2-3 why not?!? This is the dilemma. My God, for a forum where everyone can read its like the easiest point keeps getting worked around and muddied behind me not knowing what hogs do. I am very fkn clear seeing how I am part of solving it in several places.
    I can't even recall when he last time I was this annoyed with understanding something.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why is the concept so hard to grasp in what I said..... My god. You guys complicate everything. It is very simple. ERADICATE THEM!!!! KILL THEM!!! ANNIHILATE THEM!!!!
    If you kill 50 hogs and do not have access to them so be it. If you kill 5-10 and can get even 2-3 why not?!? .

In simpler terms; hogs are ****! Some people may not want to get their hands dirty! :p

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    If you kill 50 hogs and do not have access to them so be it. If you kill 5-10 and can get even 2-3 why not?!? This is the dilemma. My God, for a forum where everyone can read its like the easiest point keeps getting worked around and muddied behind me not knowing what hogs do. I am very fkn clear seeing how I am part of solving it in several places.
    I can't even recall when he last time I was this annoyed with understanding something.

I think everybody will agree about killing them and understand that. The problem is you calling people pathetic that don't harvest the meat after killing a hog. Why not? Because maybe I don't want to and I don't have to.

"You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I think everybody will agree about killing them and understand that. The problem is you calling people pathetic that don't harvest the meat after killing a hog. Why not? Because maybe I don't want to and I don't have to.

Exactly why I apologized to you in the first place but you ignored it obviously.

Then it kept going here and I figured I would ask why not harvest a few? Especially since you have access to them afterwards? Just tell the honest truth of why you don't. Sure you don't have too say anything but again.... What does it hurt?

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    aaea50173970557241ddd4cd590b8c09.jpg

66cb1109f9734f43c59d6d98becf5956.jpg

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Exactly why I apologized to you in the first place but you ignored it obviously.

Then it kept going here and I figured I would ask why not harvest a few? Especially since you have access to them afterwards? Just tell the honest truth of why you don't. Sure you don't have too say anything but again.... What does it hurt?

Just because you apologized doesn't mean I have to accept it. I formed my opinion of you with your first response to the thread and you formed yours of me when I didn't respond to your PM.

And the honest truth is I'm not a man.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    From a hunting standpoint, it's pretty cool having game that you can hunt with a rifle year-round. Didn't have that when I was a kid. Kind of makes me smile....
    0099bdba60a8965529c08800a248bfaf.jpg

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    From a hunting standpoint, it's pretty cool having game that you can hunt with a rifle year-round. Didn't have that when I was a kid. Kind of makes me smile....
    0099bdba60a8965529c08800a248bfaf.jpg

Is that one of the masks from the Saw movies?

Top Bottom