Flags at half staff ...again .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I just had to run up to the office and lower the flag to half staff yet again . As I was walking back to my truck , it hit me . What has been the common denominator for all of these orders to lower the flag since Butthead took office ? Every time it has been a result of gun violence . This administration is NOT trying to honor or show respect for anybody . This is an IN YOUR FACE reminder of what happened and how we all need to get on board with their desire to curb gun violence , blah , blah .
    I should have figured it out when they lowered the flag for the Korean sex workers but I chalked it up to pandering on their part . Probably some of both .

Rant over ...

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I just had to run up to the office and lower the flag to half staff yet again . As I was walking back to my truck , it hit me . What has been the common denominator for all of these orders to lower the flag since Butthead took office ? Every time it has been a result of gun violence . This administration is NOT trying to honor or show respect for anybody . This is an IN YOUR FACE reminder of what happened and how we all need to get on board with their desire to curb gun violence , blah , blah .
    I should have figured it out when they lowered the flag for the Korean sex workers but I chalked it up to pandering on their part . Probably some of both .

Rant over ...

So, you bowed down and did what "they" wanted you to do? Why did you not stand up and voice your stand? Yeah, "they" have already have you signed up as a sheeple.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    So, you bowed down and did what "they" wanted you to do? Why did you not stand up and voice your stand? Yeah, "they" have already have you signed up as a sheeple.
    I'm in charge of the flag at our facility . I get an email notice every time the President issues this proclamation . I didn't " bow down " to anybody .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sorry but i disagree! "They" are telling you what to do and when to do it! ;)

Which is exactly how "that" works. The President of the United States has the authority to order flags to be flown at half mast. People died and he did it to honor them. Why is this a big deal?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Which is exactly how "that" works. The President of the United States has the authority to order flags to be flown at half mast. People died and he did it to honor them. Why is this a big deal?

Absolutely. A bunch of people died who didn't need to. That is plenty of reason.

I agree it will be used against us. I worry that the callous responses and lack of solutions by the gun community is going to do more to damage our rights than where the flag is sitting today.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Absolutely. A bunch of people died who didn't need to. That is plenty of reason.

I agree it will be used against us. I worry that the callous responses and lack of solutions by the gun community is going to do more to damage our rights than where the flag is sitting today.
    Exactly. Americans were murdered and the President ordered the the flag of our country to be flown at half mast in the honor of the deceased. How anyone can complain about this escapes me.

Sure, things happens with an agenda, but Americans being murdered isn't the time to complain about an act of honoring them.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish

It is NOT a big deal if you're 10yo, or thereabouts bc a 10yo wouldn't know the difference between a mast and a staff. It's monumental when you're half a century and you're witnessing the half staff (land based) gesture being utilized primarily to highlight "gun violence". Yet another example of politicians weaponizing our cultural icons (statues, flags, etc) and using them against us. The will of the left is not simply being imposed, it's being installed.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It is NOT a big deal if you're 10yo, or thereabouts bc a 10yo wouldn't know the difference between a mast and a staff. It's monumental when you're half a century and you're witnessing the half staff (land based) gesture being utilized primarily to highlight "gun violence". Yet another example of politicians weaponizing our cultural icons (statues, flags, etc) and using them against us. The will of the left is not simply being imposed, it's being installed.
    Seriously? Do we really want to argue semantics over mast vs staff? I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

There was a time when the honor was reserved for those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. The honor is not as special as it once was since it now involves people who are random victims being used in a political dog and pony show.
    That is how I understand the OP in this thread.

My only real problem with this is that Biden is being a ghoul by using crime victims to push for anti-Civil Rights legislation and raise political funds from the Anti-Gun lobby(must be nice to make $500,000 a year plus free hotels and dinning just to spread misinformation.)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There was a time when the honor was reserved for those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country. The honor is not as special as it once was since it now involves people who are random victims being used in a political dog and pony show.

My only real problem with this is that Biden is being a ghoul by using crime victims to push for anti-Civil Rights legislation and raise political funds from the Anti-Gun lobby(must be nice to make $500,000 a year plus free hotels and dinning just to spread misinformation.)

^^^This^^^

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The American Flag is being used as a political pawn to push a narrative. People are killed every day by the hands of drunk drivers but the victims are never honored by lowering the flags. Let’s not also forget all our service members that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I’m in no way trying to diminish the tragedy of eight Americans being slaughtered but using the flag to inflame the anti-gun grabbers is disturbing to me.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Preach it ...

Top Bottom