Fleas, best way to get rid of the dang things???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have heard of people using a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass and picking them off their lawn one by one.
    Personally, I think that is too slow and causes back pain. Wish I had more info for you but I don't. Sorry.

Well it's something to do between monitoring Sorcha Faal and going to Shuffleboard...I'll meet you , we can make Bingo after that. Then go the AARP meeting online :D

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I'd use the Talstar liquid to spray everywhere outtside and then broadcast Talstar granules.
    Suspend works well too.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Comfortis is beyond awesome. It says give ever 30 days but I usually only give my inside dogs 2 a year, but they do spend a lot of time outside for potty breaks.

It is about that time too.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I have heard of people using a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass and picking them off their lawn one by one.
    Personally, I think that is too slow and causes back pain. Wish I had more info for you but I don't. Sorry.

If you are really good, you can get the chiggers, too.

Just saying . . . .
    :ohreally:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Well just spent the last 8 hours cleaning the house, vacuuming the floors, furniture, anything the darn fleas may be hiding in. Seems they have taken up residence in our house. :mad: Me and the wife are tearing the house apart to get rid of the pests. We have treated the dogs with a liquid repellent applied to the neck of the dogs, this was bought several days ago before I started this thread. We do plan on getting the Comfortis from a local vet too. I also have some liquid poison left that I will retreat the yard with again (3rd time w/ liquid). Hopefully this will take care of them. Thanks for all the help.

Bam Bam

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My vet came up with something for the yard a few years ago called over and done. Its meant for fire ants but he said its the best thing he's found for fleas. I think I bought it at Lowe's.

This is probably going to be a bad year for insects since we didn't get a real freeze.

It's called Over and Out. It's the stuff I mentioned in my first post.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    If you would stop killing the snakes they would eat the rodents and other carriers of fleas on your property, without catching the fleas themselves like the cats.
    As far as the house my gf's house was infected when she went home to visit, 2 cans of raid flea bomb left dead fleas laying everywhere.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    If you would stop killing the snakes they would eat the rodents and other carriers of fleas on your property, without catching the fleas themselves like the cats.
    As far as the house my gf's house was infected when she went home to visit, 2 cans of raid flea bomb left dead fleas laying everywhere.

Water moccasins and cotton mouth's aren't the kind of snakes I want around my house, especially with all the kids in this neighborhood. King snakes would be OK, not too many others I care to have around. Several were 2 1/2 ft and one was at least 3 1/2 ft and huge, that was before the 12 ga torn him apart!

Bam Bam

Boutdoors

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Lacombe
    We recently had fleas in the house,just after the dog got killed,and with 2 baby's we couldn't use any pesticides inside.I bought a flee collar and cut pieces off then put the piece in the vacuum and vacuumed twice a day.Gotta get all the corners and edges after vacuuming the main areas.After them hatching every couple of weeks we finally got rid of them.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Tallstar is one of the finest products I've ever used.

I broadcast it every other month and water it in.

Not a single insect on my property.

2nd talstar... I alternate with Suspend SC every couple of months on the bushes and no mosquitos either...great considering my back yard is about 1/4 mile from swamp

MegaTon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Lake Charles, LA
    What we always recommend if your dog is already on interceptor heartworm medicine theres a fairly new product out called Trifexus that prevents heartworms, fleas, and intestinal parasites. Theres also another new product called parastar that is a topical and works very well. A lot of people have been complaining about fleas and its mainly due to our warm winter we just had

Top Bottom