Flight Plan by Uncle Joe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I was doing yard work at home today and couldn't help but notice the repeated violation of air space near my home:rolleyes: It was a dark helicopter but not as noisy as the typical work horse military craft I see.
    When I see a circular redundant pattern like this I get jumpy. Has one of St. Tammany's inmates busted out?
    Was it time to lock and load?
    My slow mind finally remembered I have Flight Radar on my phone. Bigger than crap it was a military aircraft. When the flight path appeared I knew who created the flight plan.
    It had to have been "Awe Come on Man"
    Now being serious for a moment it did get my curiosity up. I did not see the origin of the flight but it looks like it ended at the Slidell Regional Airport.
    I'll carefully remove my foil hat now, I might need it later.
    i-pJh3Z79-M.png

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    AH-64 flew low over my neighborhood yesterday for the first time in 20 years of living there. Flight path was straight though, southeast to northwest. I love seeing military aircraft fly over.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was doing yard work at home today and couldn't help but notice the repeated violation of air space near my home:rolleyes: It was a dark helicopter but not as noisy as the typical work horse military craft I see.
    When I see a circular redundant pattern like this I get jumpy. Has one of St. Tammany's inmates busted out?
    Was it time to lock and load?
    My slow mind finally remembered I have Flight Radar on my phone. Bigger than crap it was a military aircraft. When the flight path appeared I knew who created the flight plan.
    It had to have been "Awe Come on Man"
    Now being serious for a moment it did get my curiosity up. I did not see the origin of the flight but it looks like it ended at the Slidell Regional Airport.
    I'll carefully remove my foil hat now, I might need it later.
    i-pJh3Z79-M.png

I'm confused - what are you alluding to?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm confused - what are you alluding to?

Uh, black govt helicopters making very little noise flying circular patterns over your airspace. How is there any question on what’s going on. The only real question is when will he be abducted by aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Uh, black govt helicopters making very little noise flying circular patterns over your airspace. How is there any question on what’s going on. The only real question is when will he be abducted by aliens.

But...but...but...why would the super-secret squirrel guys keep the transponder on in their helo? Also, why wouldn't they turn on the active camoflauge? Things don't add up.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    But...but...but...why would the super-secret squirrel guys keep the transponder on in their helo? Also, why wouldn't they turn on the active camoflauge? Things don't add up.

It’s working, you are skeptical because of the countermeasures they use, like leaving the transponder on.

giphy.gif

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    In hindsight I was likely suffering from heat exhaustion when I posted it. Sept yard work. I'm not too bright!
    Being sincere I enjoy watching military aircraft.
    Being honest I am a curious individual. That's the reason for having the Flight Path app on my phone.
    The flight path makes no sense to me. Now not being keen on the ways of the military I have no idea why this flight path looks like Crazy Joe did it with an Etch O Sketch.
    I was expecting someone to accuse me of creating that pic with photo editing.
    Ha ha! The reference to the noise was my surprise it was Military. With Mil stuff I expect the large chop of the big green birds.
    I guess I need to get out more often.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Dude probably training fight. That's how you train in helicopters by flying in circles... See it all the time...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I work next to an airport. Military aircraft are doing that sort of thing frequently. I’ve seen cobras, Blackhawks, v-22 ospreys, c130’s, and several other types of military aircraft doings similar things here.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    FBI was in a Slidell neighborhood for something Friday, nothing says the Northshore can't have sophisticated crime.

Sometimes, the pilots just need hours in the seat.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a good site for watching military flights https://globe.adsbexchange.com/

Thanks for the link. I've been watching one C-17 after the other flying towards Kabul and returning to Dubai for a couple of days. The flight path originates in Pakistan for flights from Kabul and disappears in Pakistan for flights destined for Kabul. They are turning off the IFF transmitter at the same point in Pakistan when heading to Kabul and turning it back on at the same position in Pakistan when returning.
    Yeah, I know. I don't have much to do.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the link. I've been watching one C-17 after the other flying towards Kabul and returning to Dubai for a couple of days. The flight path originates in Pakistan for flights from Kabul and disappears in Pakistan for flights destined for Kabul. They are turning off the IFF transmitter at the same point in Pakistan when heading to Kabul and turning it back on at the same position in Pakistan when returning.
    Yeah, I know. I don't have much to do.

Interesting. I was watching flights a minute or two before posting the above post and went back to the link right after I posted and all flights were gone from the tracking website. There were at least 5 C-17s before the post and none after the post.

Edit: Apparently it was a coincidence that the planes going to Kabul had the IFF in the OFF position and the planes returning had the same configuration. I went back after the previous post and two reappeared over the Arabian Sea headed to Dubai.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom