Flooded Trailers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    What would be the potential problems with a utility trailer that was submerged for a day or two in the flood? Obviously, wash the mud off, clean out the lights and electrical connector(s). Would wheel bearings be a concern? Anything else?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What would be the potential problems with a utility trailer that was submerged for a day or two in the flood? Obviously, wash the mud off, clean out the lights and electrical connector(s). Would wheel bearings be a concern? Anything else?

You got it that's all I would have concerns about.
    My experience with my 20 foot has been everything seems to work or did till I squashed a side marker while mowing with my lawn mower. 400+ miles of local driving and the trailer has worked fine brakes and all. I will be repacking the bearings and upgrading my lights because they suck and the previously mentioned trashed side marker. I will probably go ahead and replace the wire and connector as well because it's had a short that has almost always worked.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Repack the beings and replace the wiring/Lights, if the tongue jack has a grease fitting pump some new grease in. I'd also check to see if the frame hasn't trapped water inside.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom