Florida traffic stop on marked unit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    I had 2 Baton Rouge marked units pass me the other night in the intersection at Hooper and Joor. I was going 45 and they passed like I was standing still, no lights, no sirens. I know they werent responding to a call since they stopped at the lights and didn't pass anyone on double yellows. Watched em playing cat and mouse with each other on into Denham. Caught up with them at a light and got the unit tag numbers off of them. Unit 355 and 730. A impala and a charger. Been thinking about calling the BRPD and reporting them for street racing in marked cars.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    For anyone that wants to listen to the dispatch recordings:

Radio recordings from speeding officer incident released
    Recordings indicate trooper thought cruiser was stolen

The Florida Highway Patrol on Thursday released the radio dispatch transmissions from an incident in which a Florida Highway Patrol trooper pulled over a Miami police officer who she said was driving 120 mph on Florida's Turnpike.

The recordings contain the conversations between Trooper D.J. Watts, her dispatcher and their supervisor during the Oct. 11 incident, which lasted for seven minutes and 12 miles. Miami police Officer Fausto Lopez, 35, was charged with reckless driving after Watts pulled him over.

In the recording, the dispatcher referred to the trooper by her identification number, 796.
    http://www.local10.com/news/Radio-r...ased/-/1717324/4421892/-/12vfdci/-/index.html

:)

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When I was in high school, I worked at Marble Slab on siegen, over by the old Siegen theater, and we all used to park in the back of the store. One day I pulled around and noticed a sheriff's car back there. That was rather irregular, but I assumed he was just doing paperwork or eating. As I got closer I noticed that his window was down and he was dead asleep. I was only 16 so I wasn't about to go wake up a cop. The first thing that popped into my head was someone is going to rob the store and he's gonna be asleep in the back.

If only it were easier to just get rid of the shitbag 2%'ers and pay LEO's enough money to actually be able to get the very best and have them properly compensated. It's a damn shame that our teachers, firemen, police, etc all get paid terribly, yet we depend on them for the well being of society.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Happened here locally, too. Shreveport LE stopped by Texas LE in Waskom, I believe it was. Was written a warning (He was in a personal vehicle). He threatened the TX officer. The TX officer upgraded it to a ticket. He lost his ****. It was settled in court for $50 or something, I believe.

Maybe this will go down differently.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I think she did a good job.

I had a EBRSO prisoner transport run up on me a about a week or so ago then passing me and cutting back in front of me very close to keep from hitting an oncoming car.
    This was in East Carrol parish.

I have great respect for most officers, but some need to realize that they are not above the law.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I think she got his attention!

As I got closer I noticed that his window was down and he was dead asleep. I was only 16 so I wasn't about to go wake up a cop. The first thing that popped into my head was someone is going to rob the store and he's gonna be asleep in the back.

One of our Scoutmasters went to get something at the Scouthut one day and found a police car parked there. We were on a pretty secluded piece of property in the woods and it was typical for officers to check on things for us, or go back there to eat or do paperwork so it wasn't a big surprise. What was a surprise was when he noticed another car and saw the LEO shagging the wife of a fireman. The Scoutmaster had been a firechief and knew all parties involved so he just told them to go find somewhere else to play.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    The other day when I was stuck in traffic, a police car allowed me to cut him so that I could make my turn. Ohh wait all we do hear is bitch. Why is that you guys seem to jump on the "we think cops suck bandwagon" when one douchebag screws up. Guess what, cops are human, and some that should not be in, get in. It is real easy to find fault with any profession. How come nobody logs into here and posts about the McDolads employee that screwed up there order or the UPS truck that flew by them in traffic today? See how easy bitching is.

Marine
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...n-hillsborough-county-deputy-shooting/1194730

Army
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/02/us-usa-army-espionage-idUSTRE7A106U20111102

McDonalds
    http://mountpleasant-sc.patch.com/articles/employee-arrested-in-mcdonalds-robbery

and just so my brothers in red are not left out in the cold
    Firemen
    http://gothamist.com/2011/07/02/firefighter_arrested_for_exposing_p.php

Stepping off soapbox now, good night.

I dont think its so much the Cops Suck bandwagon.

People dont bitch about McDonalds workers because they dont pull us over and give us tickets for taking too long making our food or something like that.

Some cops drive like crazy people out there because they are in a PD car. Then turn around and pull someone else over for doing it. That is what drives people crazy.

It is what it is to me......I obey the law and usually dont have a problem. Simple yet effective.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    No cop basher here. However, 120 mph is too damn fast. Especially in dense traffic. Judge Marilyn Lambert told me she once gave a young man three days in jail for 120 mph.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Friday morning around 11:00 am Chef Menteur Hwy and Michoud Blvd in the east. I was waiting for the light to change heading east on Chef Menteur. The light changes green and before we started moving, here comes two NOPD marked units with lights flashing across Michoud towards Lockheed Martin. Each driven by a female officer and once they crossed they turned off there lights. It must have been a real emergency??

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    If you think that cops are bashed and everyone else gets a pass here, you haven't been reading. Fathers, mothers, UPS, USPS, Politicians, God, each other, etc...are all bashed in a regular basis on this forum.

When we are pulled over, told how dangerous we are driving and heavily fined - then see an officer driving even more dangerously, it tends to **** us off. We lose respect for that officer and seek to "bash" that particular officer. Since we can't give the LEO's name, we generalize which leads to bashing LEOs as a whole.

Once we witness this hypocrisy enough times, generalizing becomes understandable in my opinion.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Friday morning around 11:00 am Chef Menteur Hwy and Michoud Blvd in the east. I was waiting for the light to change heading east on Chef Menteur. The light changes green and before we started moving, here comes two NOPD marked units with lights flashing across Michoud towards Lockheed Martin. Each driven by a female officer and once they crossed they turned off there lights. It must have been a real emergency??

I cannot take up for the guy that got pulled over for 120 going to work, he was in the wrong and got caught. I think the trooper might have over reacted a bit with all the yelling and handcuffing. I have stopped my share of people hauling ass like that and never saw the need for the yelling and handcuffing, it's just a speeding ticket. As far as the NOPD with the light going through the intersection an then turning them off, most of the time officers do this because leaving the lights and siren on is more of a problem than just driving fast. Majority of people who see lights in their rear view slam on brakes and panic.

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    I don't think the trooper over reacted at all. He wasn't thrown to the ground like he would have been if he were some dumbass citizen would have been for the same offense. As for a LEO turning on his lights through an intersection, it's common practice if they're responding to a silent call. I drive a 400+ hp muscle car and unless my kid is in the car bleeding to death you won't see me showing my ass like that endangering lives at 120mph. I keep it at the track.

Top Bottom