FNH SCAR love, anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Any of you guys shoot a scar 16 or 17? Let see some pics and descriptions of the bells and whistles if so.

Heres mine:

FNH SCAR 16 in FDE
    ACOG TA31F in LaRue LT100 mount
    Midwest Industries replacement rail
    GG&G rear qd mount
    Magpul Kgrip (shaved grip and lower)
    Streamlight TLR1HP
    VTAC padded sling
    sQxCVUe.jpg

I plan on upgrading more as i go:
    MI Keymod rail extension
    Stryker Ind EACH
    Some type of aftermarket single stage trigger
    Different brake to accomodate a future can
    Thorntail Keymod offset mount
    Insight WML

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    View attachment 54340View attachment 54341View attachment 54342

Sharing the love
    My two Scar Sbr's
    Scar 16 with 10.5 barrel
    Scar 17 with 13 barrel
    Both are Sbr drop in barrels from Fn

Wow man, thats pretty badass. Im gonna have to save up some pennies for a 10" barrel. They dont come too cheap.

Have you looked at the metal lowers for both the 16 and 17 by Stryker Ind? He just announced the one for the 16. Looks promising, but once again expensive like everything else for the platform.

ALSO, Who did your engravings?

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Where do you guys with the SBRed SCARs have your engravings?

I want a 10" barrel and it doesnt really leave much room for engraving on the barrel....check out this low profile location of engraving done by ident. I went to westbank engraving and he said he could mimic it. What do you guys think? I really wanted to stay off the reciever if at all possible and do the barrel.
    ENGRAVING.jpg

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I was saving my pennies to get one until Beretta released their ARX-100 and Sig released their 556xi, at which point the decision came between those two. I still have a special place in my heart for the SCAR though.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I was saving my pennies to get one until Beretta released their ARX-100 and Sig released their 556xi, at which point the decision came between those two. I still have a special place in my heart for the SCAR though.

Got to handle both the sig and the beretta before they hit the shelves....the sig would be my choice of the two based on feel. The beretta felt real cheap. I cannot speak for the way they perform.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I think the general consensus is that everyone loves the rifle but hates the price.

I can understand this. I traded for mine from another member on here and got a nice deal. I woulda never shelled out the actual price that was on the original receipt. But hey, what ever boils your crawfish.

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Got to handle both the sig and the beretta before they hit the shelves....the sig would be my choice of the two based on feel. The beretta felt real cheap. I cannot speak for the way they perform.

It has a lot of polymer which gives some people the impression that it feels cheap, but it's also a good bit lighter. Weight is pretty important if you ever end up having to use it a lot. I'll vouch for how durable the polymer is though. I've done my research on them and people have put it through a lot of torture testing and it holds up really well. I wouldn't run over it with a tank, but to be fair I can't think of any other gun I'd feel comfortable rolling over with a tank either, including the SCAR.

Speaking of FNH guns, has anyone noticed the price on the PS-90 drop drastically over the past year or so? I think it used to run at like 1900, and now i'm seeing them around 1100. Not that I want one even at that price, but still. I'm speculating that is due to the Tavor hitting the market since it's probably competing in the short higher quality(as in not hipoint/keltec) bullpup market, but I may be missing something. Either way, I'm wondering if that'll happen with the SCAR as well.

TheFinalWizard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2014
    Louisiana
    Wow man, thats pretty badass. Im gonna have to save up some pennies for a 10" barrel. They dont come too cheap.

Have you looked at the metal lowers for both the 16 and 17 by Stryker Ind? He just announced the one for the 16. Looks promising, but once again expensive like everything else for the platform.

ALSO, Who did your engravings?

I know this is coming in a bit late, but I was looking for some SCAR stuff on here. I have Stryker's lower for the 17 and dig it. Gives the gun a different feel entirely. Buddy showed me the EACH on his and I kind of went all out after that. G trigger makes that thing awesome too

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I know this is coming in a bit late, but I was looking for some SCAR stuff on here. I have Stryker's lower for the 17 and dig it. Gives the gun a different feel entirely. Buddy showed me the EACH on his and I kind of went all out after that. G trigger makes that thing awesome too

Ive read a good bit over on FNforum about his products. I will scoop up a lower for the 16 in time. $400 aint cheap to replace a lower....not paramount on my list. Class 3 stuff is!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom