FNH SCAR love, anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    My scar17... is by far my favorite rifle to fire. While I've picked up a couple dozen various rifles along the way - and even purchased a laughable DD m4v5s for my fiance (I say laughable only because firing a 556 feels more like a crossman airgun).

With an elcan specter dr 1-4 I can literally hit a bird in the eye flying (not really, but i don't miss).

Lastly, I've never been a rifle of the month type of guy - I like what works and what feels good firing... and in my humble opinion it doesn't get any better than the scar17.

So, I don't need a laser, a special light, or a strange handle. I'll take a scar17 out of the box, an elcan... point, shoot, and smile - every single time without a hitch. So yep, I have grown to trust this rifle.

BTW - does FNH charge too much for this rifle - probably. I don't really care. My rifles are much like my work boots or any pair of shoes ... if they don't fit there is no amount of money that will make them fit. My feet like what they like and you can't put a price on that.

Last edited:

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I've got a black 17s under an ACOG, love the hell out of it. I'm using the reduced (suppressed) gas settings & it kicks like a 5.56, it feeds from a full mag & the bolt locks back so all's well with the world. I bought it during the free trigger upgrade offer. I had no problems ringing the steel out at 500 yards.

A couple of beavers were frolicking in the pond at dusk one evening, they thought I couldn't target them. They were wrong.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I don't think FN charges to much, dealers are the ones jacking the prices up. Stupid supply and demand.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Cant wait for my damn stamp to come in...its stuck in the damn safe at work
    LEWOQdn.jpg

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Scar 17 with Troy stock, Mrex Rail and Leupold Mark4 2.5*8 Gisselle Super Scar trigger
    20160820_104711_resized_zpsqyekw3i5.jpg

Scar 16 Troy Stock, barrel chopped to 14 with pin and welded Surefire SOCOM (SOCOM CAN in Jail) Giseele Super scar trigger, Leupold VXR patrol 1.25*4

PMM did the work on the barrel. They did a great job and no issues so far.
    20160914_212946_resized_zpsczdwpwy3.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom