Food stamp shut down 17 states

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    A lady my wife knows talked to her after her shift was over. She said the whole day yesterday,persons coming in filling baskets full of junk and then not being able to get it all. They were all complaining that they needed it all for the Saints game today.
    I wish it would have stayed down so government funds would not be paying for a saints game party

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If it had continued they would have just starting giving the groceries away to all the needy. They would only have to show the card and roll their full FREE BASKETS of food to their expensive cars while complaining on their ob phone that the machine was broke. Just think if the lights go out nation wide what will happen. Just a snapshot of things to come.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    A lady my wife knows talked to her after her shift was over. She said the whole day yesterday,persons coming in filling baskets full of junk and then not being able to get it all. They were all complaining that they needed it all for the Saints game today.
    I wish it would have stayed down so government funds would not be paying for a saints game party

that's the problem I have with the whole thing. The people that really need it can't get it, the one's who get it are just gaming the system.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Mansfield Walmart 2 hours ago. Those are lines..........

6ezxvqy6xkh4n98uus6n.jpg

So the reason Mansfield was so bad is because they kept taking EBT even though the system was showing no limits :eek:

http://www.kait8.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Walmart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700.00 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Walmart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left.
    "Just about everything is gone, I've never seen it in that condition," said Mansfield Walmart customer Anthony Fuller.

Savages...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    I am pretty sure Walmart didn't want bad media on them for denying the cards, then it got out of control. Amazing how quick the shelves were wiped out. It seems that their government cell phones were working great through the crisis...

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I am pretty sure Walmart didn't want bad media on them for denying the cards, then it got out of control. Amazing how quick the shelves were wiped out. It seems that their government cell phones were working great through the crisis...

Pissed me off. Sent my wife to get some stuff to grill yesterday and there was nothing left. I told her the EBT must be working again. Find out this morning that not only were they working, but they had no limit. Aint that some sh*t!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The ideal fix would be to carry the negative balance on their accounts against future reloads, "Hope you make those groceries stretch," but somehow I have a feeling that they'll just keep on loading the cards like usual and pretend this didn't happen.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The ideal fix would be to carry the negative balance on their accounts against future reloads, "Hope you make those groceries stretch," but somehow I have a feeling that they'll just keep on loading the cards like usual and pretend this didn't happen.

My thoughts exactly.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA

At least until 2016 and maybe past then depending on our election. The pretender ain't gonna do ONE THING to restrict his people (or anybody, for that matter) and the next stuffed suit (pants suit?) prolly won't either.

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    If it's true that Walmart let people keep using the card even though the system was down , let Walmart take the loss !

In a common sense world, maybe. But Walmart has more say in government than we do. Management was advised by corporate to keep selling. They know they will get paid. It may be our tax dollars but we dont own enough government to have a say in how it's spent.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The most sickening thing about this is as a health care practitioner my reimbursement is cut and my taxes are going up and then this sh*t. Destroys my motivation to work and grow. :madfawk:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The saddest part of this is the lack of outrage by taxpayers. This pathetic government forces me to fork over more taxes, while the leeches continue to squander and steal.

Only criminals are truly free in this country!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom