For Those into 1960s Mustangs - This is *AWESOME*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    If they make a 68 fastback body I'll start a lifelong savings to build one...
    Start saving !!!
    68mustng2.jpg

More http://www.dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    DAMN YOU! Ever since I got my Dark Highland Green 01 Bullitt and watched Steve McQueen tear ass around San Francisco in his 68 I've wanted one to match...

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I still kick myself for not getting the 68 fastback that my buddy's dad had when we were in high school- 15 years ago. It was 100% original except the rear louvers were aftermarket instead of factory, it had non factory stripes added and had an electric choke added. We drove it everywhere, it was a daily driver. He sold it for 4 grand I believe and bought a new family car.
    My parents had a 72(IIRC) mach one when I was a baby. I know the keys for it would crank their thunderbird when I was a kid because after they sold the stang, I had the extra keys as a toy and they went berserk when I was revving the t bird in the driveway when I was maybe 4.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    they really have outdone themselves with the new 5.0's. The Boss 302 is the fastest mustang ever and is stepping up to the M3 and holding it's own. Even the base GT's are great. Everytime I see one I get jealous, then remember that mine is paid for and doesn't cost 30K+

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yep, its amazing what Mustangs have today as far as performance goes. I am certain Dynacorn will make a 69 and 70 body simply because of the damand for clone Boss 302s and with a little engine compartment modification work maybe for a Boss 429 also. The great thing is you can put your own modern suspension and drivetrain in it and still have the classic looks.
    Many times I think about selling my Boss to get a new Mustang GT, Shelby,Roush, etc. simply because of the performance of the newer cars. When I got my Boss in '89 it was at that time still the quickest factory production Mustang made..todays cars will outperform mine in every way...the only thing it will never have is the sweet sound of solid lifters and the exhaust note of a Cleveland at 7000 rpm!!
    I don't know of anyone who is building a car with the Dynacorn body and am curious to know how the build is going. Knowing someone doing it is not the same as reading about a build in a magazine.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Those are beautiful. For those that haven't bothered to look at todays Mustang, they are pretty amazing.

2011 FORD MUSTANG GT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    BODY
    Construction: Unitized welded steel body, aluminum hood
    Final assembly location: Flat Rock, Michigan
    POWERTRAIN AND CHASSIS
    ENGINE V-8
    Type 5.0L 4V Ti-VCT V-8
    Manufacturing location Essex Engine, Windsor, Ontario
    Configuration Aluminum block and heads
    Intake manifold Composite shell-welded with runner pack
    Exhaust manifold Stainless steel tubular headers
    Redline 7,000 rpm
    Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, variable intake, variable camshaft timing
    Valve diameter/lift (mm) Intake: 37/12; Exhaust: 31/11
    Ti-VCT operating range 50 degrees for both intake and exhaust
    Pistons Cast aluminum
    Connecting rods Forged steel
    Ignition High-energy coil-on-plug
    Bore x stroke 3.63 in x 3.65 in/92.2 mm x 92.7 mm
    Displacement 302 cu. in./4,951 cc
    Compression ratio 11.0:1 (est.)
    Engine control system PCM
    Horsepower 412 @ 6,500 rpm (est.)
    Horsepower per liter 82.4
    Torque 390 lb.-ft. @ 4,250 rpm (est.)
    Recommended fuel 91 octane (unleaded 87 octane minimum)
    Fuel capacity 16 gallons
    Fuel delivery Sequential mechanical returnless
    Oil capacity 8 quarts with filter (10,000-mile service interval)

DRIVETRAIN
    Layout Rear-wheel drive (Limited slip differential)
    TRANSMISSION
    Standard 6-speed manual
    Gear ratios
    1st 3.66
    2nd 2.43
    3rd 1.69
    4th 1.32
    5th 1.00
    6th 0.65
    Final drive 3.31:1

MPG rating - 18/25

A friend of mine just bought an automatic convertible 2011 GT. Years ago I would have scoffed at the automatic - no longer. It lights up the tires effortlessly. The top is acceptably insulated. The stereo is great. The seat is comfortable.

I'm honestly thinking that in a couple years, once the 5.0 has been around for a while, I might have to get one.

I'm trading my Z06 here next year, and I considered the BOSS302, but the solid-rear axle has to go. I will never own an SRA sports car (The mustang has arguably morphed into a sports car, with exclusion of that one tidbit).

I understand you can tell me all about how fabulous it does on the track, skidpad, and paddock, but the real world isn't billiard-table smooth. It has ruts, pot-holes, and all sorts of things that will upset an SRA mid-corner.

Go IRS, and put some real tires on it, and that car will be a MONSTER!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't the cobra IRS?

New Edge Cobras are, 99-01 and 03-04 Terminators.

The 5.0 ain't sh!t, the Blown 5.8 is what I've started saving my pennies for. I want a 2014 GT500, 50th anniversary, and I hope they do a special 2014 1/2 model, black with dark dark red stripes!!!! 650hp, 600lbft!!!!! I'm sure a pulley and a tune will make it ungodly

Top Bottom