Form 4 returned, "state permit required"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    Form 4 for supressor put in problem status. For some reason they sent the entire set of form 4's back to ME, and not to the dealer (wierd). The ATF wants the "state permit", I was planning on faxing it - but since I got my forms back, I will have to mail it in...but here is the question:

My dealer only obtained the "louisiana application to transfer firearms" and told me to send that in. He also said that I couldn't "Register" it with the state until my form 4 comes back. SO: is this "transfer" form going to be enough to get them to approve it finally?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Form 4 for supressor put in problem status. For some reason they sent the entire set of form 4's back to ME, and not to the dealer (wierd). The ATF wants the "state permit", I was planning on faxing it - but since I got my forms back, I will have to mail it in...but here is the question:

My dealer only obtained the "louisiana application to transfer firearms" and told me to send that in. He also said that I couldn't "Register" it with the state until my form 4 comes back. SO: is this "transfer" form going to be enough to get them to approve it finally?

The "can't register it with the stage til the form 4 comes back" has to be bogus because it wouldn't work otherwise. I was able to register both of my SBS and get the form back to send it to ATF without having the form 1 back. It wouldn't work (imo) otherwise.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just got my paperwork for a SBR and a suppressor from the state. You can send in both the application to transfer and application to register at the same time. The only thing you have to make sure of is that the application to transfer is approved before or at the same time of the application to register or they will send it (application to register) back to you.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hmmm both of my suppressors I didn't register until after I got the form 4 approved. For the ATF I sent in the application to transfer. The process is a little different than a SBR since there is the additional step of getting the app to transfer.

You must have had a new examiner. What is the name of the examiner?

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    Got ahold of a human at the ATF...

new examiner - SARA JONES - she said over the phone that the "transfer" would be what she needs....guess i'll see...she's really easy going on the phone at least, said she'd send the form 4 approved as soon as she got my papers in.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    No dealer, all SBR's on Form 1.

But I used Diamond Gun in Monroe for my supressor, but plan on using Long Range Alley gun club south of shreveport for any of my future dealer items.

fastmover

fastmover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    lafayette, la
    i made the same mistake the first time, the ATF called me told me the deal, I regertered it with the state, i faxed the state registration paper to the ATF...got the stamp.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    It all woked out :)

DSC03631.jpg

Top Bottom