Form1 denied. Now what?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I submitted my form 1 online back on 03/18 to build an SBR. Friday I received an email from the ATF that it had been denied and to log into the eform system for more detail. When I do that I see no detail whatsoever. Or any helpful information. So my question is how do I find out why it was denied and how to fix whatever problem they found? Any thoughts on this? Also I do not see that they refunded the $200 I paid at the beginning for the tax stamp. Any ideas on how long that usually takes?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I submitted my form 1 online back on 03/18 to build an SBR. Friday I received an email from the ATF that it had been denied and to log into the eform system for more detail. When I do that I see no detail whatsoever. Or any helpful information. So my question is how do I find out why it was denied and how to fix whatever problem they found? Any thoughts on this? Also I do not see that they refunded the $200 I paid at the beginning for the tax stamp. Any ideas on how long that usually takes?

Any issues I've had, I called and they were able to tell me more info. What caliber did you fill out? I think they no longer take multi-caliber as an option.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    You should have received a PDF of your disapproval. Go to Page 5 in all caps and red font it will state “Reasons For Disapproval.” I also called them for further clarification and they were very polite and professional. You will speak with the actual examiner that disapproved your form, she even agreed that the reason my form was disapproved was silly. But they have to go by the letter of the law and if there is even one error on an e-form it is disapproved. The refund will take 6-10 weeks to show back up on your credit card. As much as it sucks, re-submit and forget. It will come back approved as long as you did everything right the second time.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I did not see the attachment. Now I do.

Do I have to put in a new form or can I just update/correct the existing form online and resubmit?

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    You will have to re-submit the Form 1 again as a new form. Once they deny it they automatically kick back your money which they say you should get within 10 days. Go ahead andsend Ted Clutter an email at Ted.Clutter@usdoj.gov Let him know what happened, tell him you are resubmitting and ask if he can expedite it. He has been one of the most helpful ppl there.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Trust name needs to be in Cell 3B. But I had someone walking me through it. Guess I didn't do it like they told me. I have not had a chance to resubmit the form yet. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    So I just got an email a few mins ago...Form 1 for SBR just got approved. Submit date was 6/28/2014.
    Hope yours gets worked out. Maybe they will expedite yours

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Is there a way to pull up the form 1, make the change and resubmit it as a new form? Basically using the denied form as a templare. Or do I have to start from the beginning again?

Top Bottom