Former CNN Anchor involved in shootout--perp loses!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's nice that Lynn Russell carries a gun. I wonder if she felt that way during her tenure at CNN as it was a time when CNN was really active denigrating the legal ownership of firearms at every chance.

I am glad they are ok and the scumbag is dead; but I just hope that they aren't elitist ex-media hypocrites. And evidently they are not!

Updated:

Sounds like she is pro-gun. Parts of her bio suggest she is a no nonsense self defense advocate.

Here is a blog she wrote after Newtown.

GUN OWNERSHIP, NANCY LANZA AND YOU

The United States of America was not built on cozy tea time chats with British troops. The principle of gun ownership and the citizen’s right to bear arms is not outdated. Nor is the concept of forming opinions on such things based on fact, not emotion.

No one knows the events that led to this week’s tragic Connecticut shootings. No one knows what transpired in the home Nancy Lanza shared with her son, Adam. Only the police might know whether Adam was able to arm himself by breaking into a gun safe or cabinet. Or whether he might have found a gun she kept for self defense and used it to blow out the lock on a cabinet. Or did he have free access? Did his mother have reason to believe he shouldn’t? In light of myriad reports, second-hand accounts, innuendos and undisciplined discussions about Nancy, lambasting her because she owned more than one firearm – which was strictly her business - consider this:

Try to imagine your own life painted in the words of critics. If you have an upscale collection of kitchen knives that you keep sharpened and in a wooden block for easy access, you are *slice happy*. If you own a gun and responsibly stay in practice by going to the range once a month, you are ominously *honing your sniper skills*. If you do this with more than one legal weapon, you are *obsessed with guns, proficient with multiple firearms*. If you keep food, water, batteries, medicine and blankets in the basement, you are *a closet survivalist, stockpiling supplies*. If you have all those things in the basement along with extra rounds of ammunition, you are *prepared for Armageddon* (as in *Armageddon outta here, but you first!*).

Shame on you.
    Can I have your number?

Good girl! Calling out phony journalist!

https://twitter.com/LynneRussellCNN

I do remember her on CNN. The more I think about it, she never rubbed me the wrong way when I watched her. Now it all makes sense!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And this from her Twitter:

Lynne Russell CNNHLN ‏@LynneRussellCNN · 17 Apr 2014
    Why my HELL ON HEELS is set in Buffalo. Hammer you're hitting me with is legal? So is my gun. You want Coke with that?http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....obber_who_hit_him_with_hammer_police_say.html

You go girl!

Lynne Russell CNNHLN ‏@LynneRussellCNN · Dec 20
    Do media have to quote #AlSharpton every time he opens his mouth? #NYPDcopsshot, Sharpton condemns, who cares? words: Tawana Brawley,Go home

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I suppose it's appropriate to show her pic. She is sporting two nice guns here! :naughty:

CHUKf7JVAAEmUmq.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Without even looking first, I had a feeling this was about her. :rofl:

If you know about her background, you'd know she isn't the type to back down from creeps like this. Nothing like the CNN anchors that "usually" come to mind....:cheers:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Without even looking first, I had a feeling this was about her. :rofl:

If you know about her background, you'd know she isn't the type to back down from creeps like this. Nothing like the CNN anchors that "usually" come to mind....:cheers:

What are you insinuating? I've never backed down from a microphone or anything that resembled a microphone in my life, buster!
    iu

Top Bottom