Fort Polk Shooting Complex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Well, all that was interesting... and totally irrelevant, since my point sailed far over your head. And no, its NOT different no matter who owns/runs the range. You seem to think that I work at Precision. My experience is a bit, uh... broader than that.

Whatever. Enjoy your AKs.

No. It didn't "sail[ed] far over" my head. You're equating AKs with black males from 'the hood who show a lack of respect to John Locke Property Laws. Precision jacked up the price of premium membership in order to keep them away from being able to shoot it. (I'll say it right off of the bat).

I know you don't work there. ;)

Damn skippy I'll enjoy my AKs. 2A allows that. -Same to you fellah.

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Wrong. Not just black males (although, in Precision's case, they were indeed the main transgressors). I also have seen squared-away-looking white males without a clue, long-haired greasy hippie types without a clue, Nascar-fan rednecks without a clue, etc., etc. THAT was my point... which you missed yet again.

I have no idea about Precision's rates or the reasons for them; but some of those bangers have a wad of cash that would choke a horse. High membership rates would not deter those individuals.

Well then PUH-LEEZ make the rest of us lowly Proletariats UNDERSTAND your "clues", seeing how you're purveying an obviously common stereotype on these boards about AKs. (Referring to both this and other posts about AK-firers). You IMPLYING that trashy people tend to gravitate towards AKs and that FMJ is the round of choice is no worse than saying, "...only rednecks hunt." I'll call a spade a spade: It's ridiculous.

(I think that the heart of matter is that you just don't like Commie-guns, but I'm not going to go there).

In essence, ANY ban on FMJ is ludicrous. (That was 50% of the intent of my original statement, besides it being a general inquiry). Especially when Tula/Uly happens to make FMJ in 9mm, .223, and several others.... (My point). Look man: whenever I hear a reaction like yours it just makes me shake my head. An AK is just an AK. No different from any other weapon from Wally-world, the internet, a gunshow, or the local pawn. 7.62X39 isn't evil.... Nor does it do any more damage on a range during a range order. No more so than 223, 6.8, .308, or any other. Moreover, if you have an issue with someone who is undisciplined on a range, then perhaps they need to be kicked off of it. (It's as simple as that). If they aren't, then perhaps the management isn't doing their job.

Opinions, (and it is just an opinion), like yours only feed things like another ridiculous Assault Weapons Ban.

*popping popcorn in real life by the way....* :D

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

You have to either;
    right click>copy image URL>Click THIS>
    insertimage.gif
    at the top of your post options, then Paste in box and click OK.

OR

Simply type in the brackets like this
    I][COLOR="Teal"]

Then your image will show up like this;
    smiley-face-popcorn.gif

:thumbsup:

Blake74u

Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Off your meds, or what?

I didn't IMPLY squat. I WROTE that I have seen boneheads from ALL walks of life dangerously mis-handle weapons; not just AKs. And show me where I made ANY mention of ammunition, ball or otherwise.

Yes, its my opinion. But don't put words in there I didn't convey. You want to try the psychological angle? Okay, your use of the adjective "commie" might tell us that you're secretly ashamed of your favorite gun...:rofl:

You've got some issues, bud. Seek help...

LMAO! Touche', touche'. :D

No shame in my game "BRUH". AK-47s aren't my one and only, so I'd give you the same spiel if you started to talk about FMJ in regards to my ARs or 9mm's. I was merely interjecting the commonly held misconception by folk like you with that "opine".

If you didn't mean to interject on this topic/inquiry, then perhaps you need to look elsewhere... (Re: Title:) I merely inquired as to whether, or not Ft. Polk allowed FMJ. It wasn't a call out to you to get your big-girl panties full of sand.

:eek3:

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    The rule board has nothing about rapid fire, NFA items, or FMJ. It does say no armor penetrating ammo or tracers. I really like this range.

Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    Of course you like it, it is well run, Ive been a little off my game lately so not much shooting getting done but I've helped run that range and events for 20 years.

I must say that there is a proclivity for AK shooters to get a little wild. But that is why we have range masters that watch them. They are younger shooters of a generation of no discipline, they learn it quickly when I have a chance to be there. Its not there fault, they see the AK used in Hollywood and they think that is how its done. Remember the sideways pistol stance, Chuck Norris started that one. Now its bullet spraying to be cool.

This is usually quelled when Aunt Sandy or myself splits a playing card with a single offhand 22 shot and challenges the heard of turtles to do the same...:eek3: most cant hit a man silhouette at 100 yards but to each their own as they are having fun and that is what the range is for.

What bothers people most about AK shooters is their lack of range manners and disreguard for the rules which have to be told to them each time I go there. They will open up with a 30 round mag right next to a bench rest shooter and cover him with brass and never look or think that might be agrivating. So we have to tell them to watch their ejection. Once they learn this everything is OK.

They will burn up $300 worth of ammo and never really look to see where they hit. And they will do this as fast as they can and then pack up and go home. They also like to have some nice looking girls around to watch so that makes for a better show. Until the Turtle Chics want to shoot, then Hit the Deck......:eek3:

It is not that the Heard of Turtles really want AKs its that they sell them cheap at the PX Gun Shop, the kids really want AR-15s so they can get in some real practice but for the average non-shooting informed soldier the AK-47 is something out of this world. They soon find out what the Kalishnokov really is, a highly reliable short range combat rifle that goes bang every time you pull the trigger. Hitting the target seems irrelevant to many.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's herd, as in herd of turtles. Since your a professorial writer does this make me a professional editor. Thanks for the musings. 4/10 has been doing pretty well in the war don't know if you had heard that or not. Must be the parlor tricks you've been teaching them with ye'olde 22.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I've never seen any foul play at Fort Polk.

I've seen a little careless holstering and slight mis-handling but nothing serious enough to hurt anyone but themselves.

rwsem

CSM, USA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Acadiana
    Just a word or two about he FPLA range- be prepared for it to take a while to shoot. There is no on-duty RSO that stays on line. It's a self-run range. Folks are nice enough, but some want to go downrange to check their targets every three of five rounds, instead of investing in a spotting scope. No big deal really- just something to consider.

Probably the biggest complaint I have is the target holders. Just save yourself the aggrivation and bring your own. You'll see what I mean when you visit.

Last edited:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Ft. Polk is the BEST around central Louisiana. This is where me and the gang hang out every other week. Cost is $5 ALL DAY. Pistol range w/ steel plates, Archery range, Shotgun range and then Rifle range up to 500yrds.

They are closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I would recommend calling however, only because we went one on Saturday about 4 weeks ago and they were closed because Bravo company was doing something on the other side of the 500yrd range. Their phone number is 337-531-7552.

Its best to turn off of Hwy 28W onto Hwy 469 and go in thru that gate. ENJOY!!

scottjcraig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Polk
    Its, admittedly, the only range I have shot at in LA. And as far as Ivans on 2x4's... for $5 for all day on the range i wouldn't care if all they had was pie plates on rebar :). Oh and btw since all of us 10 mountain boys are gone... the range should be fairly clear for the civilians so shouldn't be too crowded.

Top Bottom