Frank Proctor in La. Registration info added post #22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I was having a conversation with a friend who's advice I trust, I told him I wanted to take a Pistol Class this year for Professional Development. I asked him who he would seek out. Frank Proctor was his answer. Interestingly enough Frank and I used to work next door to each other and have a number of friends in common. He has some loose time in his schedule and offered to come here to South Louisiana to do his 2-Day Performance Pistol Program.

He has Dec 18-19 Open. That's a Thursday and Friday. The class would be in Robert and would be $560. Here are some links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6oYAEcLVsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaFNkKyD-bI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RdhzHCOGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6oYAEcLVsE

Frank has a unique set of Competition and Combat Credentials. This course will offer a lot of valuable training to both the Defensive/Combat Shooter and The Shooting Sport Enthusiast. Before I waste Frank's time I wanna gauge interest. Who wants some of this? Advantage Group will continue to bring the best trainers in the world to South Louisiana if you guys will continue to fill the classes.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hell to the yeah!!! I have been looking at taking a Frank Proctor class for a long while now. This will be cheaper than having to travel out of state to do it!

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I'd love to go but am paying off some bad credit and medical bills I got hit with. Sucks to not be able to afford to go but maybe if you get him back next year I will be better able to scrape the money together for this class. I've heard good things about him.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    VG, Maybe I can raid the piggy bank for this.
    Are there any prereqs to this class such as previous training in defensive pistol from Bearco, VATA or one of the others out there? What would the round count be for the class?
    Thanks,
    Steve

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Why would I spend my money on this if I can just buy a DVD instead?

I'm considering it. I was skeptical at first b/c it sounded more like a course for gamers, but Nate convinced me to do some research, and Frank Proctor seems pretty legit.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

I'm considering it. I was skeptical at first b/c it sounded more like a course for gamers, but Nate convinced me to do some research, and Frank Proctor seems pretty legit.

Defensive shooting: you want to hit the target as accurately as possible, as fast as possible.

Competition shooting: you want to hit the target as accurately as possible, as fast as possible.

There's a lot of overlap between the two. Fundamentals of shooting are the same, and competition guys are realistically much better than most at those fundamentals. It's all the other "stuff" (weapon presentation and manipulations) where the two start to drift apart. I think Proctor represents a very unique and effective mixture of the two.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Defensive shooting: you want to hit the target as accurately as possible, as fast as possible.

Competition shooting: you want to hit the target as accurately as possible, as fast as possible.

There's a lot of overlap between the two. Fundamentals of shooting are the same, and competition guys are realistically much better than most at those fundamentals. It's all the other "stuff" (weapon presentation and manipulations) where the two start to drift apart. I think Proctor represents a very unique and effective mixture of the two.

That's pretty much exactly what Nate said.

I'm watching some videos right now and he's super-human for sure. Definitely considering this. It might be my only chance to attend a course this year.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

GAMER!???? Dude is not about games!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I've watched the two videos embedded above and I convinced of three thing:
    1. That's some bad ass shooting.
    2. I can't shoot like that, at least not right now.
    3. Every single firearm pictured has absolutely no recoil. There's no way that a person can have that much control.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    There is recoil and they do have that much control. come shoot some classes and learn. Seriously. It's all techinque. You can absolutely learn to shoot that way.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Many of you may have heard this already, but if we want our local guys to keep bringing in top tier instructors, we have to fill the classes.

Spend a little time asking questions and/or researching for yourself those first class instructors being offered. You will see that they are opportunities that should not be missed. It would cost a HELL of a lot more $$, time, and effort to get this training out of state. They are coming to us!!!!!

For those of you who are in the shooting sport for fun, hey enjoy the sport and support our right to bear arms. If at a later date you want to experience the other side of the coin, I hope to see you at some classes! As you know we all have the commonality of shooting so it’s just natural to help each other. The info in INVALUABLE and the friends one makes last a life time. It even bridges the gap between civilian, law enforcement, and military. All that **** is left in the parking lot before a class.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom