FREE Puppy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    My nephew caught a small puppy in a raccoon trap last night. We live up here in the hills between St. Francisville and Jackson, so someone probably dumped it. He doesn't want to shoot it, but my dad gave him a few days to get rid of it. Wanted to see if there were some softies on here who would take it. PM me with an email address or cell number and I'll text or email you pictures of the pup. It is a FEMALE pup, looks to be UNDER 1yo. White with black markings.

Thank y'all.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    The way to get someone to take the puppy is to first POST A PICTURE of the Puppy. That's a must,,,,that is what gets to us softies,,LOL

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I am a bit puzzled, why the rush, is your dad that barbaric that he has to execute this poor puppy within a few days. Come on man !!!, this puppy will make someone really happy. Yall need to stand up to your father, not only that, its against the damn law to kill this dog. Rather than shoot at least go drop it off at a fire station or police station.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I am a bit puzzled, why the rush, is your dad that barbaric that he has to execute this poor puppy within a few days. Come on man !!!, this puppy will make someone really happy. Yall need to stand up to your father, not only that, its against the damn law to kill this dog. Rather than shoot at least go drop it off at a fire station or police station.

I suppose you don't live in the country. A stray dog is a pest there and they are shot regularly. It sounds like they are trying to do the right thing but your suggestion to stand up against the father is silly.
    If you did live in the country and had stray dogs kill your pets and/or livestock then you might see things differently. BTW, firemen and cops have better things to do than handle stray animals.
    I'm sure if you post an ad saying you'll take all stray animals you'll get enough responses to keep you busy. You can take them all to shelters, fire stations, or police stations.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I guess I do see the point on killing livestock and other animals around the farm, but damn, lets give the puppy a little time, a week or so maybe, Crippy02 and his nephew act as if they have hours, I am sure in a country / farm setting, they should have a way to hold the pupy for a week until a shelter arrangement can be worked out.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    I guess I do see the point on killing livestock and other animals around the farm, but damn, lets give the puppy a little time, a week or so maybe, Crippy02 and his nephew act as if they have hours, I am sure in a country / farm setting, they should have a way to hold the pupy for a week until a shelter arrangement can be worked out.

+1.....somebody has already made the pups life harder by dumping it. Do it a favor and give it a chance until you can drop it off at some of the places suggested.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    I suppose you don't live in the country. A stray dog is a pest there and they are shot regularly. It sounds like they are trying to do the right thing but your suggestion to stand up against the father is silly.
    If you did live in the country and had stray dogs kill your pets and/or livestock then you might see things differently. BTW, firemen and cops have better things to do than handle stray animals.
    I'm sure if you post an ad saying you'll take all stray animals you'll get enough responses to keep you busy. You can take them all to shelters, fire stations, or police stations.

Puppies don't kill other pets or livestock. And I'm sure local LE/fire dept would at least do the courtesy of dispatching animal control to pick it up.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I wish i had seen this earlier today, there was an event at Baton Rouge Animal Control with a bunch of different welfare and rescue groups! Put it on Facebook!

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Puppies don't kill other pets or livestock. And I'm sure local LE/fire dept would at least do the courtesy of dispatching animal control to pick it up.

Unless they are better than EBR, I bet they won't. I went to take the trash out the other day at my apartment, and somehow or another there was a pup on top of the dumpster, and when I opened the gate I guess I scared him and he accidentally hopped in the dumpster. The dumpster was about 5% full so there is no way he coulda go out. Came in and asked BRPD to dispatch animal control, and the lady said "animal control has better things to do than come get a puppy out of the dumpster"

So i went outside, hopped in the dumpster and got him out.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom