Freedom Munitions Blaster.223 55gr FMJ Reman. $299/1000rds+SH

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    http://www.freedommunitions.com/product-p/fm223f55n.htm

Are these new or reman? I'm confused. The photos in the one that are marked "NEW" look very much not, but then the ones that aren't marked new have pics of nice clean brass... is it just backwards?

The ones in the link are new. The other 2 they have are reman. The cheaper is the Blaster reman and next higher price is the reman also. The blaster line has some blemishes and that's why it's cheaper. It's cosmectic blemishes though. Same ammo made on the same machines as the new and other reman. The pictures might just be a generic picture too. That's fairly common in the ammo industry.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    The ones in the link are new. The other 2 they have are reman. The cheaper is the Blaster reman and next higher price is the reman also. The blaster line has some blemishes and that's why it's cheaper. It's cosmectic blemishes though. Same ammo made on the same machines as the new and other reman. The pictures might just be a generic picture too. That's fairly common in the ammo industry.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    The price went up on these. Use Coupon Code Chet-1 for an additional 3% off everything on the site before shipping. Also make sure you click on the shipping dropdown box and choose "more carriers" to check the FedEx rate. I've found that usually it's cheaper. I just checked and to me in Claiborne parish it's $26.29 for FedEx and $32 for UPS. The total with discount was $287.22 delivered. Keep this in mind as this stuff gets harder to find. He told me they just demilled 3,000,000 rounds of .223 so he has a good supply of brass for the near future.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Freedom just posted something about "you wanted specials" on facebook. What specials are they running? Is there a coupon code to use?

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    Freedom just posted something about "you wanted specials" on facebook. What specials are they running? Is there a coupon code to use?

I'm not sure what they mean but one of the owners, Rudy, told me about a month ago that he's going to run specials from time to time that he will just put up with no notice. He wasn't sure exactly how he'd do it but said it would be something like 100 cases of .223/1000rds at way below regular price or 100 cases of 9mm for $100/1000rds. You just have to keep a watch on the site and facebook. It'll be first come first serve and once they're gone that's it.

jhans504

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Damn, that must of been quick. I just checked and it's at $289/1000 (up $20/1000 since yesterday). Must have already sold the cases that were offered at the $229/1000 price. :mad:

ETA: Guess I shoulda jumped on the CHET coupon code when I had the chance.

Last edited:

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    Damn, that must of been quick. I just checked and it's at $289/1000 (up $20/1000 since yesterday). Must have already sold the cases that were offered at the $229/1000 price. :mad:

ETA: Guess I shoulda jumped on the CHET coupon code when I had the chance.

Yes they sale is over. The owner told me he was going to do this but I found it by accident actually. I was checking prices on other ammo they have and was like FFUUU!!! $229/1000rds. He told me when he does this it'll be for like 100 cases of 1000rds of whatever caliber he puts up and once it's gone that's it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes they sale is over. The owner told me he was going to do this but I found it by accident actually. I was checking prices on other ammo they have and was like FFUUU!!! $229/1000rds. He told me when he does this it'll be for like 100 cases of 1000rds of whatever caliber he puts up and once it's gone that's it.

Well thanks for the post I picked up 2000rds for a total of 498.76 shipped to my door.

jcm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Orleans
    Looks like the $229 that was listed today was a price mistake due to them working on software issues. This is what they responded to a customer on their Facebook page:

"Freedom Munitions (Official) sorry, the error was that it went down $50 instead of up $10, I wish we could go down $50, but we would be broke and out of stock in a few days, sorry."

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks like the $229 that was listed today was a price mistake due to them working on software issues. This is what they responded to a customer on their Facebook page:

"Freedom Munitions (Official) sorry, the error was that it went down $50 instead of up $10, I wish we could go down $50, but we would be broke and out of stock in a few days, sorry."

Well I received a receipt email so I wonder if they are going to honor it or not?

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I wanted to relate this nugget to the thread. I have ordered several times from Freedom and have always been satisfied with the order...the last one (2 weeks ago) was for 500 rds of .223 and 500 rds of 9mm. When the order was delivered I only received the .223 ammo--no sign of the 9mm. I fired off an email to Rudy @ Freedom and he sent out my missing 9mm ammo the same day, while running down the UPS trail from his end. That is what I call great customer service!!! They have definitely earned my repeat business.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA

Well well. You know what that would figure. Here I'm thinking they were offering a sale to people. Instead they were raising prices not lowering them. The reason I found this price "decrease" was the owner told me he was going to have to raise prices soon so I've been checking the site and sure enough today I saw a bunch of price increases. So I was adjusting the listings on gundeals and came across the lowered price on the .223. He told me he was going to do this so I figured this was it and got on listing it quick so people here could take advantage of the discount. I'm sorry guys.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well well. You know what that would figure. Here I'm thinking they were offering a sale to people. Instead they were raising prices not lowering them. The reason I found this price "decrease" was the owner told me he was going to have to raise prices soon so I've been checking the site and sure enough today I saw a bunch of price increases. So I was adjusting the listings on gundeals and came across the lowered price on the .223. He told me he was going to do this so I figured this was it and got on listing it quick so people here could take advantage of the discount. I'm sorry guys.

Huh so you think they will cancel my order then?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom