Freeze +P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Took the freeze today to get certified. Feels about like you dunk your head in gasoline and then light yourself on fire. the pain sucks but is not incapacitating. My eyes flat would not stay open for at least 10 minutes though. They slammed shut and I literally had to pry them open to get myself blinking. Now I'm all red and puffy lol.
    All in all, I would go back into the CS chamber before I took another burst of Freeze+P.
    Another interesting fact: breathing was no problem Until I tried the AC trick, then I choked up and couldn't breathe was my face was hit with the cold air.
    Anyone else have that issue?

Last edited:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    AC felt good to me. BTW, when you take your first shower, bend way over to wash your face. If you don't, the reactivated runoff runs down to the boys and that does NOT feel good.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    When I was teaching the stuff I saw all kinds of reactions from cadets.

Including one fellow whose out skin layer peeled off.

Well he was a redhead and white as a ghost.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    When I did it, I was more than happy to wash my eys out with nasty ass rain run off from the gutter run off since it was raining and sleeting when I did it. When I got home, I never thought it would feel good to wash my eyes out with Dawn dish soap, but it kept me from having the secondary burn talked about above. I now carry Sabre Red since it does not (is not ?) suposed to mist out so bad as Freeze +P. We cannot afford to loose a whole room like Freeze can do for an hour or two. When I saw people in my class hit with Sabre Red, they seemed to take a much harder hit that those of us that tasted Freeze +P. I have not had the chance to use it yet, but it is just a matter of time I'm sure. We should be getting Tazers soon, and that sounds like a hard ride.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Lol my chief said he's seen people rooting their faces around in the grass and unashamedly dunking their heads in toilets. I couldn't see how the other guys reacted to it cause I went first, but I didn't hear anyone hollering.

ChiefShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The A/C felt good to me.
    What you're really going to love (and I mean that sarcastically) is the number of people on the street who are immune to it or have minimal reactions.

Good luck!

lpso708

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Thibodaux,LA
    After having to do it for years milk is the way to go. I have dunked a many a day an this was the fastest for me to help recover. It will open the nose an clear it fast:D

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    After having to do it for years milk is the way to go. I have dunked a many a day an this was the fastest for me to help recover. It will open the nose an clear it fast:D

Has anyone tried orange juice? Citrus is supposed to take the sting away from peppers during a meal.

I know.... Freeze +P way outclasses fajitas with jalapeños. ;)

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    My step mother is a retired Captain with the Florida Dept of Corrections and a Defensive Tactics Instructor. For a few years I lived with her and my dad or in very close proxmity to them and the prison compound. Whenever she needed a "volunteer" for a demonstration it seems I was gracious enough to sign up. To date I have been hit with a tazer, shocked with a stun gun, been shot with a pepper ball gun and a simunition, taken down by a K-9, as well as sprayed with OC and CS gas. The spray was something I did once and will NEVER do again. Although coming in close to the spray was the time I wore the Red Man suit for ASP training. Anyone that says the suit gives you 100% protection is full of ****. I also had an occasion where I wore the transportation kidney belt and was shocked with that. Made me **** all over myself

Now see I was told the exact opposite with milk. I heard that the milk would create a film over your eyes and actually trap the chemical underneath it. That using milk would actually prolong the effects. IDK and will gladly take your word on it.

Has anyone tried orange juice? Citrus is supposed to take the sting away from peppers during a meal.

I know.... Freeze +P way outclasses fajitas with jalapeños. ;)

Since OJ is an acid, I don't think that would be the best thing to pour into your eyes while they are burning :eek4:

Last edited:

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    it seems stupid to require someone to be tazed or maced to carry it.why not get shot to carry a gun?:crazy: i've been in a tear gas chamber,that was enough fun.:wtc:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    it seems stupid to require someone to be tazed or maced to carry it.why not get shot to carry a gun?:crazy: i've been in a tear gas chamber,that was enough fun.:wtc:

Most law enforcement agencies require it to combat defendants using claims of excessive force and false alligations of long term harm as a result of the chemical. If a defendant is claiming that the pepper spray has done irreversable harm to them the officer can then testify that he or she has been sprayed with the same chemical and knows first hand the effects of it. Also many agencies will incorporate the spray with another training exercise such as weapon retention. It's to train the officer that in the event they are accidentally sprayed while in the field that they will have the ability to protect themselves and not freak out.

dhfischerjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Pearl River
    I have been hit but freeze +P and the tazer. I would much rather the tazer if I had to be hit again. To this day when ever I hear a taser fire up I get a small muscle twitch in my arm.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    This thread reminds me of one of the funniest taser stories I have ever read. This is not written by me or about me.

I hope ya'll enjoy.

"Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that
    sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I
    was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came
    across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Taser. The effects of
    the Taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse
    effect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety.

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home.

I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button.
    Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the
    I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get
    the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
    AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that
    burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it
    couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-A batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting
    little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I
    really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second)
    and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going
    to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did
    want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading
    glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions
    in one hand, and Taser in another.

The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient
    your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms
    and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would
    purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of
    water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the
    batteries. All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring
    about 5' long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really
    and (loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to
    myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my
    best...

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to
    one side as if to say, 'don't do it dipshit,' reasoning that a one
    second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad. I
    decided to give myself a one second burst just for the heck of it. I
    touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and . . .

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD . . . WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION . . .WHAT THE HELL!!!a

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me
    up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and
    over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal
    position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on
    fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in
    the oddest position, and tingling in my legs.

The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to
    a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt
    to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Taser, one
    note of caution: there is no such thing as a one second burst when you
    zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged
    from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three
    second burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-BITCH THAT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at
    that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and
    surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of
    the fireplace. The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so
    from where it originally was. My triceps, right thigh and both
    nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain,
    and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I had no control over the drooling.
    Apparently I **** myself, but was too numb to know for sure and my
    sense of smell was gone. I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head which
    believe came from my hair. I'm still looking for my nuts and I'm
    offering a significant reward for their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!"

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    My step mother is a retired Captain with the Florida Dept of Corrections and a Defensive Tactics Instructor. For a few years I lived with her and my dad or in very close proxmity to them and the prison compound. Whenever she needed a "volunteer" for a demonstration it seems I was gracious enough to sign up. To date I have been hit with a tazer, shocked with a stun gun, been shot with a pepper ball gun and a simunition, taken down by a K-9, as well as sprayed with OC and CS gas. The spray was something I did once and will NEVER do again. Although coming in close to the spray was the time I wore the Red Man suit for ASP training. Anyone that says the suit gives you 100% protection is full of ****. I also had an occasion where I wore the transportation kidney belt and was shocked with that. Made me **** all over myself

Now see I was told the exact opposite with milk. I heard that the milk would create a film over your eyes and actually trap the chemical underneath it. That using milk would actually prolong the effects. IDK and will gladly take your word on it.

Since OJ is an acid, I don't think that would be the best thing to pour into your eyes while they are burning :eek4:

Man I LOVE my pepper ball system!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

Well not the eyes. But the run off and reactivation from the water, etc. Or blow back if you received some accidentally.

Top Bottom