french quarter shootings

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    we lost one of our quarter bartenders to gunfire a few nights ago and i just got a call from a friend working down there that there was just another shooting outside of razzoo. looks like nopd will have their hands full. stay safe if you are working cujo

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Did they catch the idiot perp?

Guess no, this from nola.com

"Assistant Police Superintendent Marlon Defillo said homicide detectives were reviewing footage recorded by security cameras in the area later Friday. The killer was standing around the street with several people, Defillo added, but investigators did not release a physical description."

Why, why do they not release descriptions? Could it be that they are all the same description? Let me guess: "young man, age 15-25, 5'9" - 6'1" tall, black hair, brown eyes, dark clothing, ran down street after shooting"; this fits about half of the folks out late at night in the Quarter. Guess they don't want to "profile".

Our new Superintendent, Doctor Ronal Serpas, has done lots of good-looking & sounding things with the NOPD. How come this keeps happening?

leVieux

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Did they catch the idiot perp?

Guess no, this from nola.com

"Assistant Police Superintendent Marlon Defillo said homicide detectives were reviewing footage recorded by security cameras in the area later Friday. The killer was standing around the street with several people, Defillo added, but investigators did not release a physical description."

Why, why do they not release descriptions? Could it be that they are all the same description? Let me guess: "young man, age 15-25, 5'9" - 6'1" tall, black hair, brown eyes, dark clothing, ran down street after shooting"; this fits about half of the folks out late at night in the Quarter. Guess they don't want to "profile".
    They are looking for a group of people.

Some survallance VID from Canal Street
    Original.jpg

Original.jpg

Original.jpg

93025244.png

45300665.png

63698997.png

:)

Last edited:

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    kinda glad I didn't go out there. I only go to the quarter when I have guests in town. There's not really anything there for me; esp at night. I don't have to worry about the bars since I don't drink. I did stand outside a few times while my friends got hand grenades. I don't think anything has happened the few times I've been out there.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    This is why I don't go to New Orleans. :(
    NEW ORLEANS, LA (AP) - Police say an argument that apparently started in Baton Rouge has led to a shooting that injured two people in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
    The shootings took place early Sunday on Bourbon Street.
    In a news release, investigators said a 23-year-old Baton Rouge man was in New Orleans and spotted someone with whom he'd had a conflict back in his hometown.
    According to detectives, the 23-year-old was shot in the abdomen, while a 39-year-old New Orleans man was wounded in the leg.
    Police did not release the names of the victims. Both men were last listed in stable condition.
    Officers were searching for a suspect, believed to be about 5' 5" and weighing about 120 pounds.

Please keep the Baton Rouge trash out of NOLA! We sent some to you after Katrina and we don't want them back! We've got enough of our own! ;)

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The previous conflict, according to one report, was that the 23-year-old victim recognized the shooter as the guy who had shot him previously in Baton Rouge.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    so tell me this, what is one supposed to do in this type of a situation, if a pack of thugs starts beating on your car? what happens if you speed off and run a couple of them over? another thing is with all of the foot traffic you risk hitting someone that is innocent. same thing if you get out of the car armed with the intent of shooting them. would it be justifiable homicide if you shot these guys for beating on your car?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There's a difference?

Got a video from an ex-gang banger. His name is Arthur "Silky Slim" Reed. The video is hard-hitting and graphic. The video discusses how backasswards the gangbanger scene is with footage of downed gangbangers from 13 yo to whatever their age: quickly removes any glamor that may have inadvertently landed these types of individuals and their behavior. The name of the video is "To Live & Die in Americkkka".

I spoke with him at Holiday Helpers and he's a very intelligent guy. He used to run the streets here in BTR and he had/has "a rap sheet as tall as I am". Not that he's bragging about it, but it will take someone with "street creds" (creds I don't have; with no plans to obtain) to reach a lot of those guys out there.

From HIS take the INFLUENCE of the New Orleans gang/thugs has influenced BTR.

He and I both agree that Hip Hop is a problem with the glamorization of that kind of life. The majority of the purchasers live their life vicariously through the thugs; they accept the message in the music: namely, being hard and taking no sh!t. Thus the CULTURE is being seriously undermined. Especially for the Black underclass.

Be careful out there, guys.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    A rapper named Dee-1 just recorded a song for the New Orleans Crimestoppers program and is currently working on a video of it. A portion will air on WWL-TV Friday night. He makes some good points in the song, if the kids will listen.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    so tell me this, what is one supposed to do in this type of a situation, if a pack of thugs starts beating on your car? what happens if you speed off and run a couple of them over? another thing is with all of the foot traffic you risk hitting someone that is innocent. same thing if you get out of the car armed with the intent of shooting them. would it be justifiable homicide if you shot these guys for beating on your car?

I will go out on a limb here and say that there is no "correct" answer to your questions. Ideally, you want to get out of there ASAP with minimal damage to your car AND those beating on it. This of course will not always be possible. There are just too many factors to consider.

I can say for sure that you cannot kill someone over destruction of property or theft. Fear for your life is a totally different story, and if you're trapped in the vehicle and they're smashing in windows in an effort to get at you-- do what you have to do. This situation will never, EVER turn out well.

It's deplorable, I know-- but the law doesn't really seem to be on the side of the "good guy" very often anymore.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I will go out on a limb here and say that there is no "correct" answer to your questions. Ideally, you want to get out of there ASAP with minimal damage to your car AND those beating on it. This of course will not always be possible. There are just too many factors to consider.

I can say for sure that you cannot kill someone over destruction of property or theft. Fear for your life is a totally different story, and if you're trapped in the vehicle and they're smashing in windows in an effort to get at you-- do what you have to do. This situation will never, EVER turn out well.

It's deplorable, I know-- but the law doesn't really seem to be on the side of the "good guy" very often anymore.

Hell of a situation, wouldn't it be? For many, the deciding factor may turn out to be that the offending participants won't offer you much time to ponder your options....

Top Bottom