French Restaurants Are Requiring $5,000 Minimum Per Table.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    i dont tip.JPG

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    MSN apparently changed something with their website because I can't pull up those web pages. Either way, the easy fix is what should already be Standard Procedure; cook at home. Nobody needs to "eat out". Conserve those dollars.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We've been to quite a few restaurants in the US that charge $150/person for reservations and then just apply that to your bill. It essentially forces the bill to be $150/person at a minimum. Personally, I don't mind as it ensures we will have a table waiting when we get there and we already planned on spending that amount.

$5000/table is definitely on the higher side, but if it's in a popular tourist destination AND folks are willing to pay it, then more power to them. Great business idea.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    We've been to quite a few restaurants in the US that charge $150/person for reservations and then just apply that to your bill. It essentially forces the bill to be $150/person at a minimum. Personally, I don't mind as it ensures we will have a table waiting when we get there and we already planned on spending that amount.

$5000/table is definitely on the higher side, but if it's in a popular tourist destination AND folks are willing to pay it, then more power to them. Great business idea.
    You are right, though. LOL

If people are willing to pay that price then I'm no one to oppose a good hustle!

Edit:

Good point!

Last edited:

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I got off the train at the Nord station and changed some Pounds for Francs. Then there was a street vendor. I pointed to a can of Orange Crush. He realized I didn't speak the language, and told me how much it would be. I paid him, and a couple blocks later when I was finishing up my can of pop, looking for a trash can, I became very angry. Dollars, to Pounds, to Francs, I realized I paid 4 bucks for a can of pop. Typical scam.

Top Bottom