Front Sight 4-Day Defensive Handgun/1-Day 30 State CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    AIRPORT

UNITED SUCKS ASS!!!!!

50.00 for every check-in bag.

25.00 PER POUND over 50lbs.

One of my bags was 5lbs over, and they wanted me to pay 125.00. It is a rackett. Of course none of this is made clear to you when you buy the ticket. I am sure it is in the fine print somewhere, but who reads or could even understand all that?

So, I redistributed the weight. They got you by the balls, because who has an extra bag. 50.00 for a seperate check-on, but 125.00 for 5 lbs of extra weight. SCAM. SCAM.

Then, if I was not pissed enough, the ticket agent does nothing. They tell you to do it on the machine and they just watch. Why are they even paid. While I am going through all this, a pissed off woman walks up and is complaining about her bag being lost right as I am explaining to the ticket agent I need to declare a firearm. Of course, this does not make me feel very warm and fuzzy.

Last but not least, as we are going through the security screening, figuring I would get selected "randomly" for secondary screening; because as a white male police officer and United States Marine, I obviously fit the description, the little **** stain that was herding us cattle through makes a dumbass comment to my wife.

I am holding both of our boarding passes, and as I go to hand her hers, he tells her she can just bring both through, to just hurry. I of course keep mine to avoid some other nimwit asking me why I do not have it. As I am getting redressed, he tells her, "I guess he wants to be in control. He wants to control you"

My wife, being a rather intelligent and beautiful blond, waits to tell me what he said after we go through security. Well. that was about enough. I go back to security and ask to speak to this ass cramp.

"Excuse me, but I did not appreciate the comment you said to my wife."
    "What comment was that?"
    "The one where you said I had to be in control. I am sure you were joking, but why don't you focus on your job and keep your peanut gallery comments to yourself."
    "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by it"
    "I am sure you didn't, but I am not in the mood for it, as are most of these people by the time they get here, get screwed by the airlines, have to disrobe, and hear three conflicting sets of directions from the sreeners who are apathetic at best about their job."
    "Oh, OK."
    "No problem, thank you."

OK, going back to security was risky given how ridiculously one-sided federal aviation laws are as they relate to security, but I knew I had to say something. I am sure most of these people are good, honest, hard-working people, just none of them in New Orleans. Most of them look like they should be wearing a McDonald's uniform instead of a TSA one. And why does it take 14-16 TSA agents to work two security stations. All of them are just sitting and talking to each other. Another fine example of my tax dollars at work.

Anyway, plane leaves at 2:20. Hopefully the trip will be some decent training. I plan to post a daily brief with a final after action report and lessons learned when I am done. SInce I am an instructor, and my wife is a practical first-time shooter, I hope to give the scene from both angles for future attendees.

JUST IN CASE. I BROUGHT MY OWN KOOL-AIDE!!!

OF THE BAYOUSHOOTER FLAVOR...

:hi5:

Last edited:

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    $50/bag is pretty high. I flew continental a month ago and paid $15-$25 for my checked bag. Yes the price I paid was different depending on what size plane I was boarding.

But $25 per pound over 50 is just ridiculous.

On my flights, I thought it was laughable when the attendant announced that there would be complimentary drinks of WATER.:rolleyes:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    You probably disassembled the security screener's handgun at a traffic stop a while back.:mamoru:
    Then, if I was not pissed enough, the ticket agent does nothing. They tell you to do it on the machine and they just watch.
    Would you have liked to have him/her help you sift through through your luggage and sort it out?:o

Why are they even paid.
    To handle/sell tickets.:p

:)

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You probably disassembled the security screener's handgun at a traffic stop a while back.:mamoru:

Would you have liked to have him/her help you sift through through your luggage and sort it out?:o

To handle/sell tickets.:p

:)

Was going to but decided to wait and pimp my 2 shirts and cap on the range at the class. Plus, I honestly was a little worried about security since anything that even mentions the word gun, shoot, bomb, kill, etc., could cause some liberal to "feel threatened." I would hate for TSA to confiscate my favorite new shirt in the name of homeland security.

I will take some pics when we are at the range sporting the BS gear. :)

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I expected a stupid comment from you.
    Well...
    you know me.
    mega116.png

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    100 on black let it ride.. Win...take that 700 and put 100 on: 00, 13, 32, 15, 36, 27, 5, Win, and walk.. works every time. you single 100 bill will net you 3500, you owe me a p7m8 when you return

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    when i went out there last month i flew continental. $180 round trip. No fee for the 1st checked back and I think i paid $20 for the second. I had to get a second so i could split up the 1k rounds of 9mm i was taking..... It was to much for one bag.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    when i went out there last month i flew continental. $180 round trip. No fee for the 1st checked back and I think i paid $20 for the second. I had to get a second so i could split up the 1k rounds of 9mm i was taking..... It was to much for one bag.

I can't believe they let you take that much. It is normally about a 10lb limit depending on airline. I have about 1k of 45 and 9 mix, I think I will just fed ex it back.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    AAR and pics to follow. I have a good bit to report.

Short version. This is the perfect course if you have never fired a weapon before. Of the 40 people on my range, about 15 had never fired a gun before and 3 had never seen a gun of any kind in real life.

It was very eye opening. More info to come including a range report on the Springfeild XD in 9mm and 45cal.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I can't believe they let you take that much. It is normally about a 10lb limit depending on airline. I have about 1k of 45 and 9 mix, I think I will just fed ex it back.

don't waste your money, put it in your checked bag. My dad did it, (Midwest) my uncle did it (American) and I did it,(continental). Although, maybe you will be the unlucky one and they will look though to see your ammo count. One of my uncles in a supervisor for TSA in Milwaukee and he says they don't care how much you have, as long as its packaged correctly.

Looking forward to the trip report, I hope you guys had fun and learned a lot.

Did you DG the test?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    don't waste your money, put it in your checked bag. My dad did it, (Midwest) my uncle did it (American) and I did it,(continental). Although, maybe you will be the unlucky one and they will look though to see your ammo count. One of my uncles in a supervisor for TSA in Milwaukee and he says they don't care how much you have, as long as its packaged correctly.

Looking forward to the trip report, I hope you guys had fun and learned a lot.

Did you DG the test?

I will try.

Yeah, I got the distinguished graduate. I would have run a perfect test through and through, but the first time shooter that was "grading my reload drills" called a late on me. It was close, but why argue.

Decent time. Report to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom