Funny Paper target pic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    OK, not sure if this has been posted before , but it sure is FUNNY !

10981868_339113159625359_1769151929173165806_n.jpg

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know this is a humorous thread but, if you have ever read the book On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, you will know that this is definitely not a coincidence.
    In short, studies on historical wars showed a 10 to 20 percent rate of soldiers actually firing at the enemy in order to make a kill. The natural reluctance to kill another human being prevented most soldiers from actually shooting at the enemy.
    The rate was increased upwards to 95 percent in Viet Nam by desensitizing the military to firing kill shots at an enemy and one the methods employed was the use of man shaped targets instead of circular bullseye targets previously used for weapons training in all previous wars.
    There is a lot more in the book and I am not going to paraphrase the entire book here. You will have to read it for yourself.
    Hijack over.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    I know this is a humorous thread but, if you have ever read the book On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, you will know that this is definitely not a coincidence.
    In short, studies on historical wars showed a 10 to 20 percent rate of soldiers actually firing at the enemy in order to make a kill. The natural reluctance to kill another human being prevented most soldiers from actually shooting at the enemy.
    The rate was increased upwards to 95 percent in Viet Nam by desensitizing the military to firing kill shots at an enemy and one the methods employed was the use of man shaped targets instead of circular bullseye targets previously used for weapons training in all previous wars.
    There is a lot more in the book and I am not going to paraphrase the entire book here. You will have to read it for yourself.
    Hijack over.

Exactly, thus these were presented to gov agencies in recent years.
    220213target.jpg

Top Bottom