G 19 grip mod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I would grind some more off before stippling. If you stipple now, you will probably end up with light depressions due to the alternating checkered and smooth spots.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I would grind some more off before stippling. If you stipple now, you will probably end up with light depressions due to the alternating checkered and smooth spots.

Thanks I think I am going to take a little more off of the bottom of the trigger so i may take the texture off the grip. I did my G26 and didn't take the grip texture off and I have not noticed

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Thanks I think I am going to take a little more off of the bottom of the trigger so i may take the texture off the grip. I did my G26 and didn't take the grip texture off and I have not noticed

I Dremeled mine down till it was smooth all the way around and hit it with 800 grit sandpaper. I find if not it leaves shadows in the stipple.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    The stippling is done I did forget to do the mag release when I took theses pictures but it is done now. On the trigger guard I tried a new bit that I textured trying to get as close a match to the original finish as possible. Gun fits and feels much better, over all the most noticeable change as it relates to my grip on the gun is the undercutting of the trigger guard.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond

I took your advice and took the factory grip off the front and back left the sides as they were.

Top Bottom