Gatlinburg, TN is gun friendly

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Returned yesterday from a trip to Gatlinburg. I did not see any of the no gun signs posted on any businesses. I found it amusing that you can go all through the national park carrying, and the only sign you'll see is on the park welcome center and small gift shop in Cades Cove.

I jaunted over to NC but am not sure on how the Cherokee reservation views guns. I know they host a gun show and I saw t-shirts for sale supporting gun rights ("Turn in your guns. The government will take care of you." with a picture of native Americans on it) but I didn't take enough time to fully educate myself on tribal law before going, so I didn't carry there. As an aside, for you motorcycle freaks, Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley, NC is an excellent museum and is only about 90 mins from Gatlinburg. It would be an awesome ride on two wheels (in good weather).

There was a "no weapons beyond this point" sign on the AL rest area/welcome center, so you gotta disarm to take a leak.

I have travelled to Chattanooga before and noted a lot more no gun signs there, so I was happy to not see any in Gatlinburg.

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    "There was a "no weapons beyond this point" sign on the AL rest area/welcome center, so you gotta disarm to take a leak."

I'm pretty sure those signs have been challenged, and may have been found to be illegal. Regardless, at a remote rest area, at night, there's no way I'm leaving the gun in the car. Of course, I wouldn't stop there at night, anyway. McDonalds has bathrooms. ;)

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I believe that carrying in a private business with a "no gun" sign in Tennessee is more serious than here in LA. Grounds for CCP loss maybe a misdemeanor w/ a stiff fine.

Top Bottom