Get my gun back :(

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    So I loaned a pistol to a girl friend of mine a few months back. We were very close and I hated her living out in the sticks alone. She talked about buying it, so I let her try it out. Since then, she's gotten engaged and apparently deleted me from her life. I've left messages on her phone, facebook, text etc with no answer. I know she's around because she's since deleted me from her fb. If I had to guess I'd say controlling fiance trying to cut her off from her past. Whatever, I wouldn't want to share her either I guess. She's got keys to my house and one of my cars, so I've left her a message to please return what she's got of mine to the house when I'm not there, and I'll stop bothering her. I'm not at all upset with her, don't wish her ill in any way. A little disappointed I suppose. I could write the cost of the gun off no problem, but I've got a couple people interested in buying it. Lawyer/shooter friend of mine says to report it stolen if it's not returned in two weeks. Let's hear some opinions.

g

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I would send her a registered letter in the mail with a list of the items of mine she has and stating that I wanted my property returned within X amount of time and if she did not return the items I would make a police report, not that the items were stolen, because they aren't, but the charge is called unauthorized use of a movable.

Keep a copy of the letter and if she doesn't return the items make the report and let the cops deal with it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would send her a registered letter in the mail with a list of the items of mine she has and stating that I wanted my property returned within X amount of time and if she did not return the items I would make a police report, not that the items were stolen, because they aren't, but the charge is called unauthorized use of a movable.

Keep a copy of the letter and if she doesn't return the items make the report and let the cops deal with it.

x2

Or you could go knock on her door and ask in person.

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I'd call the police and file a report that she won't return your gun. That's a serious thing to have someone not return. They might go with you there and retrieve your stuff.

Last edited:

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Good luck. I am going to guess that she will claim that the gun was a gift from you because you were worried about and will have ten witnesses to that fact. Then she will claim that she no longer has it anyway.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    You have learned a big lesson.

And, very cheaply, too.

Chalk it up to experience and learn from it. Be very glad that you didn't marry her !

leVieux

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Just report it stolen. That's what I had to do when someone kept dodging my calls. Saw him on the interstate and called in a "suspicious vehicle" - told them he likely had a gun in his vehicle.

Had my gun back in 3 weeks.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Well damn she is out of your life anyway, personally I wouldn't worry about pissing in her cereal if she can't be bothered to answer/return a phone call. If she has your property and is avoiding you to the point she does not answer calls and deleted you from facebook I would probably go talk to the poe poe.

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Lol I'd never give somebody I wouldn't want to be given. It's an xdsc 40. I loaned her a lot more than the gun that I'm not trying to get back. Life goes on, people let you down. I'm not going to change who I am over it. Just would rather have a few hundred bucks rather than an empty xd case lol. Thanks for the advice.

G

br549

totin'
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Denham Springs
    The police are gonna write it as a civil matter, because there has been no proof that a crime has been committed. Your word against hers. Gonna be hard for you to prove that you did not give her the gun or other items. Wish I had better news, but all you can do legally is take her to court to try to get your stuff back, or go knock on her door and ask for it back. Chalk it up as a learning and move on along..........

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    don't know where she lives now, so the letter is tough and I can't go there or I would. :(

There are many ways of finding people.Simple and effective ways in fact.
    You could probably pay a PI around $100 and he will more than likely use
    his software and know her addy by end of day.

But I do kinda agree with LSP on this one.She can say anything she wants
    and whose to say different.He gave me the gun..He gave me the car.If you
    report car stolen after you know addy.Then you can absolutely get the car
    back.But If you really want the gun.Get her addy.Show up.I'm sure her new
    Bo will have a fit and I'm pretty sure he wont care for that.You may get the
    gun back pretty quickly.

Unless she is a crack ho or druggy or drunk.,And if that is the case.Forget
    the gun.Report your car and move on brotha.....

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Someone

Ill give you one of my simple tricks to find people.

If you know kinda the area she could be in.
    Call pizza hut or any pizza delivery in that
    area.Tell them her name cell number and
    so forth.And when or if they say,yea ok we
    found you.
    Then ask,i moved down the road form
    where I use to live.What address do you
    have?

Last edited:

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    I suggest tracking her down quietly, then go over there and be supportive and up beat, lots of smiles and congrats type mood: "hey I heard you got yourself a great guy. looks like you have a nice place here, don't mean to bother you, but remember the xxxxxxx I loaned you back in xxxxxx I need them back"

You would be amazed at what an upbeat and supportive mood does (even if it is full of bull and hot air, people want support and credit for what they are doing)

Top Bottom