getting a non-movement registered vehicle home after purchace question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    Your auto policy will generaly provide you coverage for a new veh with your current card up to 30 days. Depending on carrier, the amount and length of cov will vary, but at the min you will have liability cov.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Your auto policy will generaly provide you coverage for a new veh with your current card up to 30 days. Depending on carrier, the amount and length of cov will vary, but at the min you will have liability cov.

From what I've learned in this discussion, while a car me be new to you, unless purchased new from a dealer, it may be considered used in the eyes of the insurance company, and interpreted that way in court. Also, you are risking, at officer discretion, and impound, hefty fines and a large headache.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    From what I've learned in this discussion, while a car me be new to you, unless purchased new from a dealer, it may be considered used in the eyes of the insurance company, and interpreted that way in court. Also, you are risking, at officer discretion, and impound, hefty fines and a large headache.

I'm not sure learned is the correct word, maybe you should have used read.

Now I'm not a lawyer, and I don't believe anyone else that posted in this thread is either, but according to what I've been told by Farm Bureau every time I've bought a used car, you would be covered.

I'll continue to go with that advice until I see a legal opinion or court case that states otherwise. It will take more than a post on a gun forum to convince me that my insurance company is incorrect.
    Now if I was using a lowest bidder, elcheapo, fly-by-night insurance company I might not think differently.

JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom