Getting Hitched, Need Honeymoon Advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakerman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    St Tammany
    I have to agree about Pureto Rico, great place. Been there several times and fairly cheap. Great if you wanna do the Carribean and don't have a passport.
    Don't know about the fishing, spent most of the time on the beach with a drink....to be honest, you have some of the best fishing right in your own state.
    Love San Juan

Last edited:

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    We went to Sanibel Island Florida. Beautiful beaches, sea-shelling capitol, plenty great resturants and things to do, but best of all is the Snook fishing!

This, we didn't do any fishing but thoroughly enjoyed our time on Sanibel, if you decide to go there, I highly suggest a drive out to Captiva for sunset dinner at the mucky duck.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    You're marrying a girl who doesn't like to fish ? Next you will be telling us she doesn't like to shoot either.

Thanks for all the replies. This has been great, got a ton of suggestions.

And she's a pretty good fisherwoman actually. For her birthday a few years back, I got her a Shimano Citica reel and Teramar rod (she wanted "a real rod and reel" for spec fishing). She practiced for 2 days. Then on her first trip out on Big Lake, she landed a 6# spec, among many others, and a limit of flounder.... I was impressed. She's a descent shot too. This is from her first go-round with a 10/22 shooting off the back of my truck at about 75 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
      IMG_0576.jpg
      235.3 KB · Views: 37

ewebb10

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I wanted to share an expensive lesson I learned last year when the wife and I went to Sandals Emerald bay for our wedding/honeymoon.
    The night before we left packing our bags we were excited and made the mistake of packing our wedding bands in our checked luggage and long story short we made it to the Bahamas and our rings didn’t. I brought it up to American airlines and was told it was our fault for putting them in our checked bags. They went on to tell me that jewelry, medicine, cologne and electronics were not covered if damaged or lost. So apparently tsa and the airlines can just help themselves to those things. Just something to think about when you are packing.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    best thing to do if you don't have pass ports, cause most cruises and islands when leaving the US now require them, and pass port wait is retarded, go to florida, you are not far from home, Navarre,Fl. i love it there not many tourists and very affordable right in between san destin and pensacola.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    I wanted to share an expensive lesson I learned last year when the wife and I went to Sandals Emerald bay for our wedding/honeymoon.
    The night before we left packing our bags we were excited and made the mistake of packing our wedding bands in our checked luggage and long story short we made it to the Bahamas and our rings didn’t. I brought it up to American airlines and was told it was our fault for putting them in our checked bags. They went on to tell me that jewelry, medicine, cologne and electronics were not covered if damaged or lost. So apparently tsa and the airlines can just help themselves to those things. Just something to think about when you are packing.

Aside from the terrible but not surprising experience with AA and TSA, how'd you like Sandals Emerald Bay? Fiancee has asked about it several times now.

ewebb10

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    We really enjoyed it, lots of things to do and see and the water was amazing. If you do go to emerald bay id recommend spending a little extra and staying in one of the rooms on the beach with the butler.

acman1997

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    My wife and i went to ocho rios jamaica. Not sure about fishing but everything else was awesome! Everyone we went with loved it. Stayed at the riu all inclusive and it was very nice. Snorkeling, food, beaches, and resort were great.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    HogHunter1203
    You did good. My wife would rather fish than do anything, sometimes she wears me out and I'm the one saying " they stopped biting 3 hours ago lets go home " . Marrying a gal who fishes and shoots helps hold a marriage together, Me and mine been hitched 40 years and seems like only yesterday. Good luck. We go to Florida every year, fish and beachcomb and have a good time.
    Gary

Last edited:

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    Surprised no one said Disney World. Dude, it's fun. There is always something to do, you get to act like kids, and it's not super-expensive. We went 7 years ago for our Honeymoon and we're going back again this year.

Top Bottom