Getting rid of the smell of Blood.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Thought that would get your attention. Long story short, my freezer in my storage room thawed out and leaked. Problem is the water and blood seeped under the wall into two adjoining rooms and got under the carpet. I have pulled the carpet, padding and tack strips up, scrubbed the concrete. But the smell is still in the rooms. Any suggestions on what to use to get rid of the smell?

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    If all efforts fail you might try muriatic acid. It is what is used to acid wash concrete floors and driveways.

***BE SURE TO USE ALL PPE ( Gloves, mask or respirator ,goggles, etc) it is very caustic.

I believe it will definetly work.

Google acid washing concrete floors before you dive into it....

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Don't know about odors but peroxide keeps blood from staning clothing if applied before the blood is dry. I'll ask my neighbor who has a side gig of cleaning up crime scenes.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Copied text from my friend.
    " Aluma Brite is an awesome wheel acid but if that is too much Listerine and a scrub brush works good. Just need to kill the bacteria and sop up the excess."

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I don't remember the exact recipe but you might try the remedy for removing skunk odor I involving peroxide, baking soda and soap.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Get u some ODOBAN. Its used at hospitals and morgues around the country. Ive used it around kennels and to clean up some nasty houses. Think u can pick it up at Home Depot in concentrate and mix it strong and use a mop on your concrete. It will work.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Get u some ODOBAN. Its used at hospitals and morgues around the country. Ive used it around kennels and to clean up some nasty houses. Think u can pick it up at Home Depot in concentrate and mix it strong and use a mop on your concrete. It will work.

FYI for everyone. ODOBAN did the job. I picked up some last night at Hone Depot and it seemed to have worked. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    FYI for everyone. ODOBAN did the job. I picked up some last night at Hone Depot and it seemed to have worked. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I have a gallon at my house, they sell it at Sam's club pretty cheap. Use it to clean up after my old incontinent dogs.

Top Bottom