Glock 19 vs. Glock 26 comparison

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have a 17 and a 26 but really am debating on trading the 26 for a 19. I love the 26 especially with the Ameriglo night sights I recently put along with new connector spring and housing. I know the different specs but does deny one have both a 19 and 26 that they can share some shooting comparisons with? Do you find the 19 being a little larger gives you more accuracy? Just talking the specs side, not shooter ability. Are their any major reasons that you may/may not prefer the 19 over a 26? Just wanted anyone's opinions. Thanks fellas

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have a 17 and a 26 but really am debating on trading the 26 for a 19. I love the 26 especially with the Ameriglo night sights I recently put along with new connector spring and housing. I know the different specs but does deny one have both a 19 and 26 that they can share some shooting comparisons with? Do you find the 19 being a little larger gives you more accuracy? Just talking the specs side, not shooter ability. Are their any major reasons that you may/may not prefer the 19 over a 26? Just wanted anyone's opinions. Thanks fellas
    19 is inherently more accurate, easier to shoot, higher capacity and is arguably very easy to conceal. obviously the 26 is more concealable but, unless you want to pocket carry, it won't make a significant difference IMO.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Thank you spanky, I will be carrying IWB as soon as CCP comes in next month or two hopefully and I wondered if it was bigger enough to make carrying IWB an extremely noticeable difference. Find my 17 much easier to shoot and am thinking the 19 may be the way to go as my skills improve.

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I shoot the compacts quite noticeably better than the subcompacts. That's probably true for most shooters.

For carrying, I also tend to have the mentality that it's generally better to carry the bigger gun if it is reasonable to do so.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I had the G26 and traded for a G19 because I have a G23 also, and the G26 just felt off to shoot IMHO, I don't know if it was the shortened grip, or shorter slide (I think it was?) it just didn't feel good in my mitts. I appreciate the longer barrel/capacity. The G19/23 just feels right in my hand.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    That's how I feel with the 17, just feels good in the hands. Oh hell I prolly will end up keeping the 26 and just buying a 19 to have triumvirate, but wish I would had gotten the 19 first. But got good deal on FDE 26 so can't complain, never have too many glocks, thanks for all the input gentleman

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    That's how I feel with the 17, just feels good in the hands. Oh hell I prolly will end up keeping the 26 and just buying a 19 to have triumvirate, but wish I would had gotten the 19 first. But got good deal on FDE 26 so can't complain, never have too many glocks, thanks for all the input gentleman

You're very welcome.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The 19 is a real gun (and my overall pistol of choice) and the 26 is a subcompact. I have both, the 19s are for carry and HD, 26 is strictly for concealment when it's not possible with the 19 (throw it in a pocket gas station run type situations). They both have their place but the 19 fills 99% of all pistol roles.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The 19 is a real gun (and my overall pistol of choice) and the 26 is a subcompact. I have both, the 19s are for carry and HD, 26 is strictly for concealment when it's not possible with the 19 (throw it in a pocket gas station run type situations). They both have their place but the 19 fills 99% of all pistol roles.
    What this guy said.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula

+1

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles

DING DING DING!!!!! And what do we have for the winner Johnny?

I'll buy that for a dollar!!!

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My 23 is my fall and winter EDC and my 27 is my spring and summer EDC. I Carry both guns IWB around the 4:00 position. On cold days,i strap on a beltslide and carry my 23 OWB with a jacket on. If i know I'm going through the ****,i strap on both guns and the 27 ends up in my ankle.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    My 23 is my fall and winter EDC and my 27 is my spring and summer EDC. I Carry both guns IWB around the 4:00 position. On cold days,i strap on a beltslide and carry my 23 OWB with a jacket on. If i know I'm going through the ****,i strap on both guns and the 27 ends up in my ankle.

I am waiting on my CCP but will wear my 26 just in my home every once a while to find a comfortable position and trying out different holsters. I borrowed a Kholster half moon and really like it at the 4:00 position. I just am starting to think the 19 would be easier to shoot and I would be more accurate even with range practice. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly love my 26 and got it because I had a 27 previously but with accuracy being paramount I wonder if 19 may be better choice right now, I was worried it would be much harder to conceal IWB but from everyone's opinion, concealing the 19 is no issues at all so to speak.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I want another 19 but refuse to get rid of my 26. I like that its lighter and I shoot good with both. I would still carry my 26 because 3 extra rounds isn't worth the extra weight IMO.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    The more I read this thread the more I want a 19, my new FDE 26 is nice but I think a 19 would be nicer simply for a better grip and feel in my mitts. Well least I know for sure now what Santa will have under the tree for me this year

deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    I have a 19 and a 26 and wouldn't want to part with either. I consider the 19 the "Swiss Army Knife" of pistols, its just good for everything. But the 26 is a good bit easier for me to conceal, and I shoot it about as well now that I'm used to it.
    One thing I highly recommend to make the 26 easier to shoot are the mag floor plates by GAP Enterprises. They add a much more solid grip on the pistol without adding any length to the mags. Made the 26 much easier to shoot for me.
    Anyway, I'd add a 19 to your stable, but I wouldn't get rid of the 26!

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have a 19 and a 26 and wouldn't want to part with either. I consider the 19 the "Swiss Army Knife" of pistols, its just good for everything. But the 26 is a good bit easier for me to conceal, and I shoot it about as well now that I'm used to it.
    One thing I highly recommend to make the 26 easier to shoot are the mag floor plates by GAP Enterprises. They add a much more solid grip on the pistol without adding any length to the mags. Made the 26 much easier to shoot for me.
    Anyway, I'd add a 19 to your stable, but I wouldn't get rid of the 26!

The Pearce Grip extensions made a world of difference when I added them for my 26. I bought a FDE 19 today and I must say that I think it may be the best feeling gun to hold. It has found a great home next to my 17 & 26 and can't wait to shoot it. I can see now why it is truly a "staple" in any collection

RoyL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Youngsville, LA
    For whatever reason, I think a 4 inch barrel is the best compromise between carrying and accuracy, and you don't need as hot a round to keep the velocity up. I have been carrying a Sig M11-A1 lately, and I am comfortable with it. It's heavy, considering the barrel is 3.9 inches, but it is still comfortable. I found a new Gen 4 G19 yesterday and could not pass it up. Consider that it is shorter length and shorter height than the Sig, has a tad longer barrel, and has the same magazine capacity (15). It is pretty hard to argue that anything else would work better all around for concealed carry. DAO striker-fired versus DA/SA is another argument all together, but the Glock 19 is probably near perfect, and I suppose it is the best selling personal defense pistol in the world (I am only guessing about that, but it is easier to find a unicorn in stock at gun stores).

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond

What he said. I have both and I carry the 19 everyday in a tucked in dress shirt with an occasional tie. A fantastic instructor I know puts it this way, "carry as big a gun as you can". Kep the 26 unless you want to trade it to me for something and get the 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom