Glock 20 cycling/back into battery issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a 20, milled slide, RMR, threaded match grade barrel, comp...

The pistol seems to have a catch/lag in getting back into battery (although it still almost always goes)

Currently running a “Gen4 Heavy Tungsten” guide rod (with captured spring) from the Glockstore (bad idea, not fond of those dudes, now!) I don’t know the spring weight, it isn’t listed on the website.

Wondering if that may be my issue.
    Suggested spring weight?
    0a65a49b025234252dd7c37a1b0ecdfa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The OEM recoils spring is 17# and some use slightly stronger recoil springs in the G20 depending on ammunition used.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Put the factory RSA back in it and try it out.

If you are still having issues, you can get a Gen 4 reducer ring, Wolff Guide Rod, and Wolff Reduced Power Recoil Spring Pack to calibrate it to the loads you are shooting.

If you're having issues with hotter loads, then the comp is most likely causing it to short stroke.

Feral45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2015
    Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
    Next time it does it, STOP. Has the extractor failed to engage the rim of the round? Is extractor against the back of the round? You now have to "bump" the slide to force it to engage? If this is what's happening, remove extractor and everything behind it. Springs, be careful. Inspect everything. Hook broken? Clean everything, including bore in slide. OK? Back together with some very light lube.
    With the slide on it's side, extractor up, barrel out, put the end of a small screw driver under the hook and rest it on the forward edge of the port. Gently move extractor up and down and "feel" it. Nice and smooth or crunchy. Ah HA!

Top Bottom