Glock 26/ What holster is best for Concealed Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Im either looking for a "Middle of the back" or "Inside the WaistBand." Just wanted to get some of your opinions that carry a Glock 26/27 for Concealed Carry and what is comfortable. Thanks for the replies ahead of time.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    My crossbreed IWB with J and V clips should be delivered Monday. That's what I will be using whenever my CCP comes sometime next millennium

Geauxboy83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    This is one I made for a glock 27 carried at the 4 oclock position. I liked it so much I made one for my M&P shield with the same specs

well... if I could get the image to upload that would be nice...

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm a big fan of Crossbreed and recently, Crossfire Holsters. I have two Crossbreeds for two different guns and one Crossfire and I'm thinking about ordering another soon.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    There's at least a dozen quality different makers & models of IWB holsters I could rattle off, but unfortunately what works well for me won't necessarily work for you.... thats why there are so many.

ETA:

While I am a huge fan of leather holsters, especially OWB, I would agree with the others above and say for IWB, kydex is a better choice, from a safety standpoint anyway. Especially if you carry a Glock or other striker fired pistol with
    the trigger "safety"

Last edited:

jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I am a HUGE fan of the "Low Rider" by the local company, RM Holsters (http://rmholsters.com/). I recently picked up a crossbreed because they are often recommended and highly regarded. Nothing wrong with the crossbreed but the low rider was more comfortable to me. Perhaps I didn't give the crossbreed enough time to wear in but the low rider was comfortable on day 1. YMMV.

Geauxboy83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    zymuga9u.jpg

Ok I think I got it now...

This is a 4 o'clock holster for a glock 27. Super comfortable and stays in place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I assume you're new to CCW. I assume this b/c only people who carry infrequently or are new at it think that there's one BEST anything. There isn't. The world doesn't work like that.

I've been carrying for over ten years. There is no BEST holster. There's only the type that works the best for you in a given situation. You'll have to experiment to find what's best for you. Also the belt is just as important as the holster selection. A cheap belt is worthless and will print an expensive holster. Depending on what activity I'll be engaging in I'll select a holster to match that.

Personally, I hate IWB and small of the back holsters. I know others that love then. I prefer outside the waistband. My way isn't best. It's just what works best for me. You'll just have to play with it until you find what you like. You'll end up with a draw full of holsters. Most of us do.

Be cautious of anyone that gave you a simple answer, there is no simple answer. If they didn't know that then you need to take that into account when reviewing their advice.

Dave

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    For me, I'm partial to comp tac holsters. Have several of the mtacs and ctacs and I can't find one issue with them. Nice positive click when holstering, confortable and available for most popular guns. I also have crossbreed, desantis, shield, etc holsters but still always choose the ctac over everything. Mtac for bigger heavier guns

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Holster

I like the UBG OWB holster. Check out the Bonneville with that 26. With just a Tee shirt it disappears even at the 3:30 position. It carries the weapon high and tight. The barrel doesn't drop below belt level. Man it is some kind of comfortable. I wear it with thin exercise shirts and cargo shorts. No worries. Holster is custom for the gun. I do carry IWB but if I am not tucking, it is OWB.

Now to repeat. You HAVE to have a good gun belt to keep it close to your body and support the weight. These guys have all said it and believe it. Once you buy a good gun belt you will not believe the difference in fit, feel and fatigue.

PM me if you want the web site for UBG.

Billy

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I am a HUGE fan of the "Low Rider" by the local company, RM Holsters (http://rmholsters.com/). I recently picked up a crossbreed because they are often recommended and highly regarded. Nothing wrong with the crossbreed but the low rider was more comfortable to me. Perhaps I didn't give the crossbreed enough time to wear in but the low rider was comfortable on day 1. YMMV.

+1. Kee does good work. I use the low rider on my 19. I've had two crossbreeds and they're just too bulky. I thought they were the best until I tried out the low rider from RM Holsters.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    +1 with Kee at RM holsters.

I ordered one for my wife's S&W snub. He called last week asking if I would mind a little longer wait so he could make another, since he wasn't 100% in love with the way the belt loop came out. At least you know he won't let just anything out of his shop.

josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    I use a rm lowrider for my 26. Hides well with just a tshirt and its comfortable. Put it on or take it off in a second. I highly recommend it

Top Bottom