Glock 43 OR S&W M&P Shield

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Glock 43 = Single Stack (6 rounds)
    Shield = Double Stack (7 rounds)

The Shield is technically thicker, but it may fit your hand better. I'd pick the Glock over the S&W, because I'm a Glock snob, but I like the Shield also. Go finger bang both, try to shoot both, and see which you like better.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    In reality, both are fine. I am assuming you don't already have a stable of any type of striker fired guns or you would just stay within the breed. I'm a Glock guy so I have a 43. If you are talking max high end durability and rep, then Glock. A change in follower/baseplate will fix the capacity issue if that bothers you. Of course if the Smith feels better to you then roll with it. Really no bad choice there.

krumfola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Port Allen LA
    I have a hard time justifying the price difference. They are both nice but I just don't know that the G43 is $100+ nicer. I'm in a similar predicament in that I can't decide between the XDs and the Shield. I like the feel of the Shield more but I can reach the controls on the XDs easier.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Have a shield and love it. Nothing wrong with the glock but the shield was cheaper and holds an extra round. The only complaint I have ever heard about the shield is that the magazines are hard to load when new. Mine was this way also but after a couple hundred rounds they loosen up.

Last edited:

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    Never owned the glock, but loved the shield. They're releasing a ported .40 with improved trigger and fiber optic sights that I'm waiting for.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    I have a g43 and like it. There's +1 and +2 floorplates available for the mags if capacity is a concern. The +1s dont really add any length to the mags either.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    I love my Shield. I've never been a huge Glock trigger fan, but I love the M&P trigger. I've shot both and they're equal in my eyes. Still thinking about picking up a 43 just because.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom