Glock grip reduction and beaver tail

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I'm interested in having some grip work done just to see if I like it. Anybody know who did this one? Also what is going on with the trigger guard? Did they raise the back portion and thin it out and then not round the rest of out out to match?

camoglockltsideview.jpg

SOLAteeda

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Covington
    You can actually make the grip smaller on a glock? I had no idea... But then again I'm a newb when it comes to this type of stuff. I definately would be interested in getting my g23 worked on. The grip is just a little too big for my hands, and I would trade it for a different gun but it was a Christmas gift from my father.

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    the back portion of a glock can be filled with some type of resin/polymer( i think putty epoxy) so that the back strap can be sanded down/shaped. Its not that hard to do, and there's many write-ups and how-to's online. Check glocktalk.com I have a slight grip reduction done to my 19, but not enough to where i had to fill the back.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    here's a link to a decent write-up i found on the process.
    http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/g/Articles/glockgripreduction.html

Did you actually read all of this?

As this was formal work, I approached it respectfully. This is something rarely seen in the modern age. I take a complete bath and have a shave. As it is also important to dress appropriately for the work at hand, and since I am not doing anything like welding or pouring molten metal, I wear nothing. When you start flinging epoxy around, you tend to ruin whatever clothes you're wearing. It's a LOT easier just to hose yourself off occasionally when you get too dirty. I approach the work, and contemplate it.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    No, but check out David Bowie's work at his website; bowietacticalconcepts, or something like that. I don't have the beavertail, but I do have the grip reduction. It makes an ENTIRELY different pistol out of a Grock.

Be aware that there are a lot of kitchen table hacks doing this stuff now; some have a clue, some are just flailing away with a Dremel and sandpaper. Bowie, Robar, and that Houston cop on Glock Talk are the only ones I would trust MY pistols with at present.

You're welcome to check mine out if you want. But be warned; once you handle one of these, you're going to want one badly.;)

I think I've got a few photos of mine around here somewhere; I'll put them on the gallery if I find them.

The Bowie's are nice. I played with yours the day you gave me the reloading tutorial ;) I know his wait is pretty long but I guess that's what comes with a quality job. I've always heard Scottsdale Gun Club does a good job too but haven't seen one of theirs up close.

Robar has been doing it for a long time to so I know they are also a good option.
    here's a link to a decent write-up i found on the process.
    http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/g/Articles/glockgripreduction.html

I think I'll pass on doing it myself. Based on the pics :eek3:the results weren't very impressive

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Jesus. Zen and the art of grip reduction...:rolleyes:

Oh it gets better if you DARE to explore THAT page....

Here is something from his HIKING page:

DSC03178.jpg

That's what backpacking is all about. It's about walking around in the middle of nowhere, where there aren't too many people to bother you while you eat junk food, take long naps, swim, burn stuff, and look at pretty scenery. It's about going back to Eden in a way to rediscover your natural humanity and your natural habitat.

DSC04893.jpg

djl7780

Glock Connoisseur
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Prairieville
    I did mine myself, but I like to tinker.. Keeps me in the shop away from my bride:D
    Biggest thing is getting the balls to start cutting a perfectly fine firearm. That is why I scored a cheap LEO trade in for the project.
    IMG_0470.jpg

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Is this it?

http://www.robarguns.com/axframes.html

I've never heard anything about these. (Only found out about it because I googled it after seeing your post.)

Lone Wolf is supposed to be coming out with an aftermarket Glock frame as well.

Yeah, that's it. I found it and added that link about 3 minutes after I made the first post.

The Lone Wolf looks about the same but it retains the finger grooves and looks to have a little longer beaver tail. The only place you can see it on their site that I'm aware of is on the home page.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=Main%20Page

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Maybe I missed something...will someone explain how this thread went from a nice customized Glock to a fat naked hippie sitting in a river? :rofl:

I asked myself the same thing and almost quit viewing the updated post. :confused:

Go look at post # 4 and then click on the link and that is where it will go downhill...

Look at my first post (in Red) and the guy in the link, from post # 4 stated that he likes to modify his GLOCK frames in the nude.....

Top Bottom