Glock MOS - Who has one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I may finally bite the bullet and get into a pistol RDS setup. However, I'm not wild about having a slide milled, nor am I thrilled about slide options like Unity Tactical's expensive Atom slide. For the price of the MOS guns, I'd rather spend $600 on an entirely new firearm than on a slide that needs parts or on milling/cerakoting costs. I vaguely remember someone here buying a 19 MOS. I didn't search, because I'm not looking for pictures.

For those with a Glock MOS pistol, have you found a set of sights that co-witness or are at least visible through the RDS window?

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just got one a few weeks ago.
    Love the G19 so far. Had issues with exactly what you are asking though.
    The Burris Fastfire and Vortex Venom had too much rear stack height and would have required a 0.485" tall front sight...
    Not cool, as this is my EDC.
    The Vortex Viper was the shortest (0.333") with the Trijicon RMR next (@ 0.346").
    I haven't mounted sites to it yet, but will likely go with blacked out Ameriglo suppressor sights (similar sight picture as my AR)
    Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just got one a few weeks ago.
    Love the G19 so far. Had issues with exactly what you are asking though.
    The Burris Fastfire and Vortex Venom had too much rear stack height and would have required a 0.485" tall front sight...
    Not cool, as this is my EDC.
    The Vortex Viper was the shortest (0.333") with the Trijicon RMR next (@ 0.346").
    I haven't mounted sites to it yet, but will likely go with blacked out Ameriglo suppressor sights (similar sight picture as my AR)
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for the dimensions! I'm still researching the issue of sight height. Some pictures I'm finding look like everything is solid, but they don't give you what sight height is being used, it just says "suppressor sights." Dawson Precision makes "Glock MOS" sights, but they don't appear to co-witness and the fiber optic front seems like it would make a mess with the dot.

This is a Glock 34 MOS with Trijicon Suppressor Sights & RMR, but I don't know which size sights he actually has.

8266d1435430182-glock-mos-34-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435430181.559148.jpg

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/29...con-_-291577&gclid=COqf4I6R4tACFQEEaQodTBMMAQ

Blade height says 0.350", which doesn't seem like it would work.

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Went with the RMR, btw (b/c of "batman" ears for impact protection of glass and the battery life)

And to clarify... couldn't do super tall sight b/c holster interface issues

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Went with the RMR, btw (b/c of "batman" ears for impact protection of glass and the battery life)

And to clarify... couldn't do super tall sight b/c holster interface issues

I'm running Raven Eidolon's for all of my 9mm Glocks, so I'm going to assume I'll be good to go. I never tried fitting one yet.

I'll most likely end up with the RMR, but I'm tempted to get a J-Point to play with at the beginning.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah
    BR Police supply has a JP that I looked at, mounted to a 19 in the case. I didn't see enough reviews out there for it, and also it felt kind of cheap to me...think it was a polymer case...
    And I run a Cloak tuck 3.0 mostly (@ 7:30, left handed) and a Incog at 11:30 on the weekends. I had to modify the kydex of the Cloak (which alien gear said would be ok re retention) and it works great.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah
    BR Police supply has a JP that I looked at, mounted to a 19 in the case. I didn't see enough reviews out there for it, and also it felt kind of cheap to me...think it was a polymer case...
    And I run a Cloak tuck 3.0 mostly (@ 7:30, left handed) and a Incog at 11:30 on the weekends. I had to modify the kydex of the Cloak (which alien gear said would be ok re retention) and it works great.

J-Points are absolutely cheap lol

I wouldn't carry it with a J-Point, but I'd use it at the range until I make a decision if I really like it or not. I figure it would be easier to sell an MOS Glock than a Glock milled for specific optic, if I decide I don't like it.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think I can help you. I own a 34 MOS, running a trijicon RMR. First off, glock nor trijicon includes the proper screws to mount a RMR. If needed, I have spare, so PM me.

I own both Ameriglo's tall sights, and dawson's MOS sights. I also own 5 pistols with RMR's and the MOS's mounted height is the tallest of the group.

The Amerigo sights are too short for the MOS. Sight picture is nice on the zev pistols with those sights, but with the MOS, in order to cowitness with the dot, you have to raise the pistol to where you are looking at the ABSOLUTE bottom of the window which you may or may not like. I would prefer a taller set of sights on the MOS.

The dawson sights (MOS sight) I just received on Monday, and mounted to a different zev tech pistol. They are way too tall for this pistol. Sight covers half of the RMR window. So if/when I get the time this weekend. I will swap the ameriglo sights onto the zev pistol, and dawson's onto the MOS. And that should fix both of my issues.

Also zev tech lists their "own" sights as .300, but it's made by dawson by the looks of it. Dawson's MOS sights are .390

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think I can help you. I own a 34 MOS, running a trijicon RMR. First off, glock nor trijicon includes the proper screws to mount a RMR. If needed, I have spare, so PM me.

I own both Ameriglo's tall sights, and dawson's MOS sights. I also own 5 pistols with RMR's and the MOS's mounted height is the tallest of the group.

The Amerigo sights are too short for the MOS. Sight picture is nice on the zev pistols with those sights, but with the MOS, in order to cowitness with the dot, you have to raise the pistol to where you are looking at the ABSOLUTE bottom of the window which you may or may not like. I would prefer a taller set of sights on the MOS.

The dawson sights (MOS sight) I just received on Monday, and mounted to a different zev tech pistol. They are way too tall for this pistol. Sight covers half of the RMR window. So if/when I get the time this weekend. I will swap the ameriglo sights onto the zev pistol, and dawson's onto the MOS. And that should fix both of my issues.

Also zev tech lists their "own" sights as .300, but it's made by dawson by the looks of it. Dawson's MOS sights are .390

That was actually very helpful!

I'm totally fine with the sights not being an absolute co-witness. I'd prefer a lower 1/3 type if possible. The irons would just be there as backups if the RDS ever failed. My biggest concern is getting sights that will clear the bottom of the window in general. Some suppressor height sights are not even close to what I would consider tall.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Noob, great info! Thanks again for sharing!

Was about to get the Ameriglo sights...reconsidering now, prolly go with Dawson sights.

Do u think it would be possible to have the holes tapped into the MOS slide, to receiver the RMR sight without the adapter plate...and significantly lower the RMR height?

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ah....didn't think of that.
    Yeah, prolly to much stress on the sight from recoil to not have those lugs.
    With the idea that I have 3 years (and will change battery annually) I'm not too worried about needing back up sights...
    Thinking more about it, I'll probably still land on the Ameriglo blacked out sights, realizing it will be a very low co-witness.

Noob...do you find night sights/dots etc to be distracting for your eye...and drawn away from the red dot? I've seen a couple Youtube vids where they mentioned that the sight dots distract them from the red dot (hence my thinking of going with the iron sights only).

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Is that just for the Trijicon RMR? I am planning to get one for my second 34 MOS. Both of my Burris Fastfire 3 sights mounted right up with the Glock with no problems.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Another question I have, if y'all don't mind me asking, is what sort of pricing are y'all paying?

I'm finding anywhere from $599-700 online.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    PM me. I got a sweet deal on my RMR from a local dealer in BR. (And actually saw the Lipsey's invoice...and know what they pay for it from the distributor).

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Another question I have, if y'all don't mind me asking, is what sort of pricing are y'all paying?

I'm finding anywhere from $599-700 online.

Think I paid 519.00 for my 19 from the big Pawn Shop in Hammond.

I got my 34s from Barneys Police Supply on the Blue Label pricing.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I got my glock 34 MOS with a glock certificate, I forgot the price I paid but it's about the same price as a glock 34 non-mos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom