Glock RMR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So I know this subject has been covered a few times but just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

For the optic it looks like the RMR 06 is a good choice. Is there any new and improved models out?

As of now I plan to have my slide milled unless I can find a g-19 gen4 slide in stock. Did you mill or buy a slide already cut?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I bought a glock19 mos. I like it. Came with all the parts I needed for any red dot rmr out there. I think you come out the same if you would buy a new glock19 and get it milled or if you get the mos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The RMR has been on sale at cabelas due to the new version 2 being announced with better circuitry on the led models to prevent flicker issues. I prefer the rmr over many of the cheaper brands but then again I've killed a couple optics, so I now buy once cry once.

The doctor optic is said to have little to no tint on the lens, and a larger objective.
    There's a new over sea's brand that is very promising.

I have about 9 rmr's and if you happen to be at the range the same day as I am, you are more than welcome to look through and try them out.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I bought a glock19 mos. I like it. Came with all the parts I needed for any red dot rmr out there. I think you come out the same if you would buy a new glock19 and get it milled or if you get the mos.

What Sights did you go with.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The RMR has been on sale at cabelas due to the new version 2 being announced with better circuitry on the led models to prevent flicker issues. I prefer the rmr over many of the cheaper brands but then again I've killed a couple optics, so I now buy once cry once.

The doctor optic is said to have little to no tint on the lens, and a larger objective.
    There's a new over sea's brand that is very promising.

I have about 9 rmr's and if you happen to be at the range the same day as I am, you are more than welcome to look through and try them out.

Do you think it's worth me waiting for the version 2 or is the flicker not that big of a deal.

I may try to hook up with you one weekend to try a couple out?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh. I have raised trijicon sights. Kenny at Meplat sold and installed the backup sights on for me. I'm planning on running an octane 45 on it so I went with the raised sights

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    While I realize anything can fail my RMR failed with less than 500 rds downrange. Disappointing would be an understatement.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Do you think it's worth me waiting for the version 2 or is the flicker not that big of a deal.

I may try to hook up with you one weekend to try a couple out?

I've had a flicker with 1 of my optics. Literally didn't flicker, I fired a round and the dot wasn't there anymore, but my sights cowitness so I fired another round and when I line up again, the dot was back.

If you can find an optic for say 400 or less. I would buy that. If you are willing to pay more, hold off for the version 2.

I know a guy with a Custom cut slide and he killed his rmr, Trijicon took care of him
    Though

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I've had a flicker with 1 of my optics. Literally didn't flicker, I fired a round and the dot wasn't there anymore, but my sights cowitness so I fired another round and when I line up again, the dot was back.

If you can find an optic for say 400 or less. I would buy that. If you are willing to pay more, hold off for the version 2.

I know a guy with a Custom cut slide and he killed his rmr, Trijicon took care of him
    Though

I'm gonna wait for the type 2. That will give me time to order a slide or have one cut.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Though

I'm gonna wait for the type 2. That will give me time to order a slide or have one cut.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    noob, Do you have absolute co witness OR lower 1/3 Co-witness setups?

Both. But for the most part it's not like an ar where there's a standard of cowitness. I might go shoot this weekend in Baton Rouge, if not try to make a range trip next weekend in Nola.

If Photobucket would cooperate I would post pics but they now want you to pay 400 bucks a year to "3rd party host" pictures

Darteres

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Alexandria, LA
    I got one of the RMR 06's from Cabela's when it went on sale. I'm going to get one of the battlewerx anti flicker plates if I have a problem with it. Plan on sending my slide to primary machine for the milling.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    You guys know that none of these electronics were built to handle the g Force of a pistol slide right?

the v2 of the Rmr looks promising with the battery compartment redesign.

Side note we (interstate guns/sportoptics.com) have started getting pretty large batches of the v2. If anyone is looking, give me a shout.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom