Glock warranty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apdanos

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Cut Off, LA
    Can anyone tell me the warranty on a Glock? I can't find anything on the web. Not even on the Glock website. Even asked a dealer at the show today and he couldn't even tell me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Glock will take care of any warranty defects. As with any firearm manufacturer,no reloads/handloads. They don't repair the ones that have been shot under water!!

If you do ever have any problems, you don't need to send it back to Glock. There are several Glock factory certified armorers in Louisiana... including myself. Anybody, with a little practice can totaly strip a Glock and put it back together. There are a few common mistakes folks make during the reassembly process that can cause problems.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    The number one problem I have seen is putting the frame pins in out of order. I have actually been on the range watching one individual shoot,the slide locked back after each round. I knew he had the slide lock lever spring in a bind. I was going to offer to buy the "broken" Glock from him. I put it back together right and showed him what happened.

As for the aftermarket parts... "Just say NO to titanium" if you're planning on carrying it. Meprolight night sights yes, rubber grip sleeve,grip tape, A grips,ok too. You can also put the extended factory slide lock lever for the G34/35 on there if you want a little easier thumbhold. The factory 45/10mm mag release gives you an "extended" mag release in the standard frames.

Stainless/carbon steel guide rods I can do without, doesn't seem to make a difference. I've seen them shoot with broken factory spring/guide rods. It is important to check your recoil spring to see if it is getting weak from time to time. A new replacement factory assembly runs about ten bucks.I have seen the factory slide lock spring snap, the whole upper went right off the frame into the mud!!

Don't use too much oil. That is a big mistake a lot of folks make. On a carry gun it attracts lint like a magnet. Don't oil inside the slide (striker channel) this can cause problems also. They seem to do better with less oil, not more.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I put the Agrip on my 19 I like it alot... My 19 is actually my favorite gun but I carry my STI because its easier to conceal..:D

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    i think with GLock you need to look at what the end user can actually do to the gun.

ie: take the slide off, remove barrel and recoil spring. other than that I beleive you have to be a Glock Armorer to do anything futher.

correct me if im wrong.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think with GLock you need to look at what the end user can actually do to the gun.

ie: take the slide off, remove barrel and recoil spring. other than that I beleive you have to be a Glock Armorer to do anything futher.

correct me if im wrong.

I replaced the mag release pretty damn easily once I figured out you should go in from the top instead of the bottom to release the spring. :rofl:

Anything beyond that and sights, and I probably wouldn't mess with it myself since it's my carry gun.

Top Bottom