Gonzales gunshow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I went this morning. Talk about string sale....I went to Cabela's first because I thought the line would die down at the gun show (WRONG)....well, anyways, I saw this guy at Cabela's pick up two Bushy AR and then later saw the same guy at the gun show selling them. It's all about the hustle I guess. I would sure as **** wouldn't want to be the guy who did a parking lot sell with a weapon to later turn up at a crime scene.
    I think I may know who you're referring to...
    And no, he has no license, and thinks he's not registering them, when he purchases them from Cabela's...
    AAAAAAnd yes, surprisingly, for a pretty sharp guy in other respects, he apparently is, THAT stupid...

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    It was definitely one of the craziest gun shows Ive been to in awhile.We set up about 7:30 and long line already.When the gates opened.It was like wal mart 2 years ago on black Friday.I thought people were going to get trampled headed to the ammo area.And as others said.They had to form a line out the back door to give some order to the buying.I left our table and went to check out another buddies table.I stepped through the ammo line and I swear people looked ta me like they were going to take me down.Sold all my ak mags in about 2 hours.I may should have brought more.When I heard about the first gun being stolen,I was like really.That doesn't happen very often or at least at the shows over my way.Then when I heard the ak was stolen.I said the same thing.How the heck he get out of there with that.I think I spent over $400 at that table you have a picture of.That guy was super nice.Got a few door breacher MBs and other various items.I thought he was pretty fair on the small stuff.We pretty well sold everything and have
    no need to go back tmw.So we gave our table to waylon with the knives and crazy old sheathes some extra room for his stuff.Saw a few members,did some buying and trading.At the end of the day,we were happy,but we were sellers.And come on now,don't hate da krink,at least it was real deal and I was only pricing it at that because that is what the rest had on there crappy pappys.And I did settle on a more moderate price at the end of the show.Had fun and enjoyed looking at a few ,uhhh nice looking females.Not bad for a one day adventure a long ways from home.Thanks Gonzales.We may be back one day,but probably not real soon !!!!!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It was definitely one of the craziest gun shows Ive been to in awhile.We set up about 7:30 and long line already.When the gates opened.It was like wal mart 2 years ago on black Friday.I thought people were going to get trampled headed to the ammo area.And as others said.They had to form a line out the back door to give some order to the buying.I left our table and went to check out another buddies table.I stepped through the ammo line and I swear people looked ta me like they were going to take me down.Sold all my ak mags in about 2 hours.I may should have brought more.When I heard about the first gun being stolen,I was like really.That doesn't happen very often or at least at the shows over my way.Then when I heard the ak was stolen.I said the same thing.How the heck he get out of there with that.I think I spent over $400 at that table you have a picture of.That guy was super nice.Got a few door breacher MBs and other various items.I thought he was pretty fair on the small stuff.We pretty well sold everything and have
    no need to go back tmw.So we gave our table to waylon with the knives and crazy old sheathes some extra room for his stuff.Saw a few members,did some buying and trading.At the end of the day,we were happy,but we were sellers.And come on now,don't hate da krink,at least it was real deal and I was only pricing it at that because that is what the rest had on there crappy pappys.And I did settle on a more moderate price at the end of the show.Had fun and enjoyed looking at a few ,uhhh nice looking females.Not bad for a one day adventure a long ways from home.Thanks Gonzales.We may be back one day,but probably not real soon !!!!!

How much were the AK mags selling for?

go-to73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I drove from Lafayette for that crap. I saw a guy sell (2) AR's parked next to me for double what he had just paid for them. I walked to the line, walked back to my car and then went to Cabela's. After seeing that mess I had a snack at the gas station and drove home (best part of the day)!

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.

$40 for used steel 30 rd ak mags.The other vendors were around $40-50.And everyone looked as though they had sold out.That pic ,showed earlier in thread,told me he came with over 1000 mags and had maybe 50 left of pistol mags,like 32,380.I never dreamed they would pay $40 and was surprised to sell all 30 of mine in 2 hours.I figured I would be bringing 30 home.People are going crazy over mags.Seems as though the ar thing has slowed a bit.There were a couple of fair deals at the show.I saw a colt bbl with an a2 front site sell for $175.I didn't think that was too bad,considering when I was on here last night,some one was selling bbls with a2 sites for $280.
    If I hear ," Will those 30 rd ar mags work in a stags,bushmaster,etc. and do they fit a 223 or a 556" or " Can that shoot 223? or 556,im going to explode.I'm thinking you should not own something that you know nothing about!!

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I'm back in Georgia today and going to check out Fort Benning to see if they have mags. It's not too crazy because mags are dime a dozen being so close to a base. Even AK mags are easier to find here.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Anybody catch the $70 GI 30rd mags. I've never seen anything like this ever. I'm tempted to take my rifles on a sling with a for sale sign at Kenner. I'll have to put some crazy a## number and see if I can reel one in.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Anybody catch the $70 GI 30rd mags. I've never seen anything like this ever. I'm tempted to take my rifles on a sling with a for sale sign at Kenner. I'll have to put some crazy a## number and see if I can reel one in.

Me too. My sign is going to read, "For Sale $1 million or your daughter's virginity"

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was going to drive over from Lafayette. I wanted to see if I could swap 5 PMags for a condo in Florida. Changed my mind I didn't want to pay the property taxes.:eek4:

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    $40 for used steel 30 rd ak mags.The other vendors were around $40-50.And everyone looked as though they had sold out.That pic ,showed earlier in thread,told me he came with over 1000 mags and had maybe 50 left of pistol mags,like 32,380.I never dreamed they would pay $40 and was surprised to sell all 30 of mine in 2 hours.I figured I would be bringing 30 home.People are going crazy over mags.Seems as though the ar thing has slowed a bit.There were a couple of fair deals at the show.I saw a colt bbl with an a2 front site sell for $175.I didn't think that was too bad,considering when I was on here last night,some one was selling bbls with a2 sites for $280.
    If I hear ," Will those 30 rd ar mags work in a stags,bushmaster,etc. and do they fit a 223 or a 556" or " Can that shoot 223? or 556,im going to explode.I'm thinking you should not own something that you know nothing about!!

I agree. This is the **** that pisses me off......those of us that know at least something about the firearms we like and use are getting screwed by the panic buyer idiots that only know "I really really want this honey before they ban them" DUMB ASSES........I wont even start in on the panic buyers cleaning out all the ammo they can get their hands on not just the .223/5.56 stuff but every type of ammo that is on a shelf..........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom