Gonzales Walgreens Hates You - Marilyn Monroe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I am putting this thread up as a special shout-out to a few exceptional people at the Walgreen's in Gonzales on the corner of LA 30 and 44.

The pharmacy staff: Emile Clay and Jari Young
    and store manager: Marilyn Monroe (no, not the blond desirable one)

Basically the pharmacy staff maliciously conspired to keep me from receiving my anti-seizure medication after I corrected them about my prescription being available and the manager aided and abetted their actions.

Monday 21 Feb 2011
    My doctor writes me a prescription for Keppra XR (anti-seizure medication) at 11am and I goto Walgreens immediatly following the appointment. After waiting in line for 15 minutes I am able to drop off the written prescription and told by the pharmacy staff it will be ready in a few hours.
    I come back several hours later and again wait for 15 minutes in line to be told my medication was being shipped to the store and would be available Tuesday 22 Feb 2011 after lunch time.

Wednesday 23 Feb 2011
    I wait in line for 15 minutes before pharmacy tech Jari Young tells me that my medication is not available at all through Walgreens! At this point I inform her that the medication was shipped in and I received a call verifying this. She investigates and discovers the medicine has arrived but it has not been processed. She tells me I must wait for the pharmacist (Emile Clay) to bottle it.
    I have been in the store for over 30 minutes now and my spine is hurting from the spinal tap I had in the ER just a week ago, so I drag a chair up in view of the pharmacy window and sit down. I was not blocking any path ways nor interfering with business (the security camera will show this to be true). The pharmacy staff demanded I move the chair, and I agreed to replace the chair after getting my medication.
    The pharmacy staff does not care about patient satisfaction, they just want to work their hours with minimum effort and go home. My sitting in that chair was an attempt to keep from being shuffled to the bottom of the stack by said staff. Had I complied with their demands the pharmacist would not have touched my meds for another day because of the line of customers who have been forced to wait like me.
    After sitting in front of that window for 10 minutes or more my medication appeared on the counter. I stepped up to pay for it and the staff began their retribution.
    Jari Young told me I was not allowed to pay for the medication because of an insurance issue. This insurance issue was resolved Monday evening when I had originally tried to pickup the medication (the staff was able to link my name to my father's name - insurance is through his employer). While trying to establish my insurance information again, another pharmacy staff member swoops in and takes away the medication with no explanation. I once again took my seat in front of the window because I did not want to be shuffled to the bottom again.
    While waiting for the pharmacy staff to "resolve my insurance issues" the store manager is called in to have me move the chair from view of the pharmacy counter. I politely explain my situation to the manager starting with my Monday experiences.
    The managers name is Marilyn Monroe (at least her name tag claimed so) and she offered to help me get the medication if I replaced the chair. I put the chair back where I find it and Marilyn Monroe goes insides the pharmacy. After five minutes she emerges and only says "your prescription will be filled" and I asked how long that might take. She replied "as long as it takes" and walked away. This woman makes the DMV look like Santa Claus.
    At this point I had to leave because I felt very weak and prone to have a seizure (I had been waiting on my medication for quite longer than I expected). Once home I contact my mother who contacts her local Walgreens (Pineville, LA). The Pineville pharmacist calls the store with which I have had so much trouble and discovers there is absolutely no reason why I can't have the medication, the Gonzales staff were simply stalling because I was "rude".
    An hour after leaving so frustrated, I returned to the Walgreens with my "insider" information and demanded my medication. Having run out of ways to delay giving me my medication, the staff relented. I paid my copay (insurance didn't seem to be such a problem all of a sudden) and left hopefully to never return.

I'd like to think that this was all a big misunderstanding, but everything about that Walgreens is FUBAR. Im sure it's because of people like Jari Young and Marilyn Monroe who feel like they are not paid enough to care about their customers. (what are they paid for anyways)

Because my insurance wont pay for prescriptions filled outside of Walgreens, I have few choices. Could someone tell me if the Walgreens on Airline in Gonzales is any better than the one on Burnside and LA 30?

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Im just glad to have health insurance. As recent college grad who was laid off 8 months after starting work, I don't have alot of honest choices.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Vsotok10, if your insurance is through your Dad, please take a look at it and find out if you can order your Keppra from a mail order company like MedCo. My daughter has epilepsy and takes Keppra for her seizures as well. We are able to get a 3 month supply for her through mail order. Of course she takes a very small dosage, like 1 mL twice a day so her medicine lasts longer than 3 months. We ran into problems getting Keppra through Walgreens initially. I don't know if it was due to it being "in demand" or if they just didn't carry it.

Hope this helps chief.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    My original post was a copy of the letter I sent to Walgreen's corporate. I don't expect much which is why I am also sending it to my insurance provider.

I do intend to start using MedCo once I find a medication that works. I ordered Nexium through them while in undergrad and was always happy with the service.

I'd like to say something good about BlueSkyDrugs.com. After getting dropped from my father's healthcare (graduation present) and before I was eligible for any healthcare from my then employer, I was able to buy a 3 month supply for $100 through BlueSkyDrugs.com while Walgreens wanted $515.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Think how much smoother things would have gone for you if you had been open carrying.

You are so right, I was a fool for not switching to open carry when I decided to keep the CCW at home.

I would not have done anything different that day while carrying open or concealed. Doubt that could be said of the Walgreens staff.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    You are so right, I was a fool for not switching to open carry when I decided to keep the CCW at home.

I would not have done anything different that day while carrying open or concealed. Doubt that could be said of the Walgreens staff.[/QUOTE]

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    I feel your pain!!
    One of my New Years resolutions were to stop shopping at the 3 W's

Walmart- The American Terrorist
    Walgreens- The No Service/Cooperation Leaders
    Winn Dixie-the High Price/Long Lines always Hoe's

I use a local Lizard Creek Home town pharmacy where service, a smile and a hand shake is still being practiced.

SCREW the 3W's and a few others which I wont beguin to mention! LOL

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    My experience with the Walgreens I use is that they could care less about the pharmacy customer. I have had a number of problems with them in the past several years. The worst being when they allowed an individual to pick up an RX of mine, who was unknown to me, and allowed that person to change my personal information stored in their data base to the other persons ID and even had my address and phone number changed. I found out about it when I went to pick up my RX and they said I already picked it up.
    I had to request and investigation and the store manager had to check their surveillance tapes to indeed verify it was not me that picked up the meds.

It was turned over to the local LEO and they found out who the culprit was.

To this day Walgreens has never apologized.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I agree with Snookie. SHOP LOCAL! I have heard so many "horror stories" about Walgreens that I will not allow them to fill my meds.

I like the "hey, how ya doin" attitude of Dutchtown Pharmacy. Never had a problem yet, you can even call in your prescription number ahead of time and it will be ready when you get there. There is a Walgreens across the intersection from them and the best thing Dutchtown Pharmacy has going is the service. I am real picky about who gets my money. I'll go to Walgreens to get a candy bar but my pharmacy of choice is Dutchtown.

MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I use the same walgreens. It's always a hassle and a 15-20 minute wait to receive any service. I do believe I was there when you were waiting, I seen you sitting right between the windows by the counter.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    I agree with Snookie. SHOP LOCAL! I have heard so many "horror stories" about Walgreens that I will not allow them to fill my meds.

I like the "hey, how ya doin" attitude of Dutchtown Pharmacy. Never had a problem yet, you can even call in your prescription number ahead of time and it will be ready when you get there. There is a Walgreens across the intersection from them and the best thing Dutchtown Pharmacy has going is the service. I am real picky about who gets my money. I'll go to Walgreens to get a candy bar but my pharmacy of choice is Dutchtown.

That's right! At Springfield Pharmacy I can call in or drop off my prescription
    and they text me when they are ready if I want them to.

Hell I'll give you service example. The owner of Springfield Pharmacy Mr. Bob dressed up as Santa Clause every Saturday a couple of weeks before Christmas and greeted EVERYONE entering the pharmacy with a MERRY CHRISTMAS and took pictures with every man woman and child who wanted one for FREE!!

Hell he came outside and took a picture with my Black Lab Daisy Mae waiting for me outside in the back of my truck!

Now try getting that from large.unconserned, chain store! They don't give a sh*t about you or your business!

Again avoid the three W's you'll be glad you did!

Last edited:

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I haven't had anything this bad happen to me, but I had several times where Walgreen's basically proved that they really didn't want my business in Slidell. I started using a smaller local one and couldn't be happier. I haven't had a medication that couldn't be filled within a 15 minute wait in many years. And the people are actually cordial and want your business...in this day and time, imagine that.

Good luck.

~rc~

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Walgreens is AWFUL! I've had every experience mentioned about 100 times. My favorite is when they call you to tell you that your prescription is ready, and when you get there (same day), either (1) it isn't ready or (2) magically they discover that they are out and it has to be ordered (so why did you call and say it was ready??).

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom